The Plan

~Time Skip Y/n's POV~ 

Thomas and I pulled up to the cabinet office. We had agreed to meet Alexander and my father and discuss our plan to insure the state pressed charges. We walked into the meeting row, seeing my father talking to Alexander. I saw my father look up to see me. 

"Y/n," He said thru tears. He ran towards me and pulled me into a tight hug, "Y/n, my angel I am so sorry. I should of been a better father, I should of been there when your mother died, I should of never put you in an arranged marriage and I should be happy you found someone who makes you happy. Y/n I am so so sorry." I started crying to. I saw Alexander standing a couple feet away, waiting for his hug. I pulled away from my father. 

"Hello Alexander," I said with a smile. 

"Hello Y/n," He smiled back, "ya ready to get Finley locked up in jail?" We all sat down, Thomas pulling out a chair for me. I saw my father looking him up and down. 

"So here is the plan, I am going to present my case to the state of New York, saying Finley is a danger to society. If the New York state court agrees, a lawyer will be chosen to represent the state and Finley will go the trial," Alexander said. 

"Do you have a court date?" My father asked. 

"January 7th," Alexander said. 

"Sounds great," Thomas said, grasping my hand under the table. 

"I wrote a letter to Finley calling off the engagement," My dad said. 

"What!" Alexander exclaimed, "George I specifically told you not to do that because Finley would go crazy and could try to kidnap Y/n again!" 

"He doesn't know about the party we're throwing right?" Thomas asked. 

"To my knowledge he doesn't," my dad said. 

"Alright, Y/n I have some shopping to do downtown, but Alex said you could go to his house and learn the proper way to shoot a gun," Thomas said. 

"That sounds like a plan!" I said. 

"Wait! Y/n and Thomas, would you to like to come to my house for dinner tonight, maybe around 6?" My dad asked. 

"Sure, Y/n shall I pick you up from Alexander's at 5:45?" Thomas asked. 

"Sure!" I exclaimed walking out with Alexander. Time to learn to shoot a gun. 

~Thomas's POV~ 

I was sat at across the table from George. 

"George I have a question to ask you," I said. 

"Go ahead," George said as he got up and poured two glasses of scotch. He handed one to me. 

"George I would like your permission to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage," I said. George's jaw opened, he was shocked. "Look George, I know you are not wild about our relationship, but I love your daughter more than anything. I promise to take care of her for the rest of my life and I will take care of her when I am in Heaven." George set down his drink and put his fingers together. 

"Thomas, I have warmed up to the idea of you dating my daughter and I know you love Y/n, but if you are to marry her don't expect me to give you any special treatment. So yes you may ask for Y/n's hand in marriage," George said. My eyes lit up and I ran up and hugged George. 

"Sir, thank you thank you thank you!" I exclaimed before beginning to run out the door. 

"Thomas!" George yelled, I turned around. "You have my permission, but I also recommend you ask Alexander. You know how much he means to Y/n." 

"I will sir," I said. And with that I was out the door to buy a ring. 

~Another time skip brought to you by Jasmine Cephas Jones~

"And that is how you shoot a gun!" I heard Alexander say to Y/n. They were in Alex's backyard shooting at a target. That's when Y/n noticed me. 

"Thomas, you could of announced your were here!" She said with a chuckle running up to me. I smile and chuckled as well. 

"It was cute to watch you fiddle with the gun, also could you get in the carriage, I have to talk to Alexander about something in his office. 

"Of course," Y/n said, walking away. Alexander lead me to his office and motioned for me to sit down. 

"Thomas what is this about?" He asked. 

"Alexander, I have already asked George, but he told me I should ask you. Do I have your permission to ask Y/n for her hand in marriage?" I asked. I saw Alex's face light up. 

"Thomas you know how much I hate you right?" Alexander asked. I nodded "I may hate you, and I do not respect you professionally at all, but personally you make someone I care about immensely very happy and you are a good guy at heart, so Thomas you have my permission to marry Y/n." 

"Thank you Alexander!" I exclaimed before running out the door.