Negotiation

Alexander, Thomas, my dad and I were sitting on the couch discussing my meeting with Anastasia. 

"Dad none of this is her fault," I said. 

"I know Y/n, but I still want to be mad at her," he said. That's when the doors flung open to reveal Martha. I don't even want to call her my mother anymore. She waltzed in like she owned the place and plunked herself down on one of the couches. 

"Martha, leave," Alexander hissed. 

"I just want to talk," she said. 

"About what," my father hissed. Alexander was running his hand up and down my back to make sure I didn't explode in rage. 

"Y/n and Thomas's wedding!" She exclaimed and so nonchalantly. 

"You're not invited," Thomas hissed. 

"Thomas, I'm the mother of the bride, of course I'm invited!" She exclaimed. 

"I already told you earlier, you're not invited," I said. 

"Y/n, what do you have against me? All I've ever done is love you," she said. 

"Does love in Russian mean leaving for 14 years?" Alexander scoffed, comforting my father. 

"Alexander, do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Oh wait, she's dead," my mom said and then chuckled. This caused Alexander to go into a blinding fit of rage. 

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU REFER TO MY MOTHER IN THAT WAY! SHE IS DEAD AND YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY TO MAKE JOKES LIKE THAT!" Alexander was screaming at the top of his lungs, his hands clenched in fits. All of us were in shock. We had never seen Alexander like this. I mean we knew mentioning his mother made him upset, but we had never seen him do anything like this. 

"Alexander I'm sorry it was just a joke-" 

"JUST A JOKE! IS IT A JOKE FOR ME TO JOKE ABOUT ANASTASIA'S DEAD FAMILY, OR FOR ME TO JOKE ABOUT FINLEY WOLF IN FRONT OF Y/N? IS IT A JOKE FOR ME TO JOKE ABOUT THOMAS'S DEAD WIFE?" Alexander was screaming as he approached Martha, "ANSWER ME WOMAN!"  

"No Alexander I'm sorry!" She yelped. 

"Good, we're getting somewhere," Alexander smirked, sitting back down. 

"So Y/n, have you picked out a dress for your wedding?" My mother asked. 

"Yes I have," I hissed.

"Oh I was hoping you would wear mine," she said. 

"I burned it," my dad spat out. 

"You what!" My mother exclaimed. 

"I burned it. The night you showed up when Y/n and Thomas were asleep I was seething so I lit a fire and burned that god forsaken dress that I had hung in my closet all these years thinking maybe Y/n would wear it on her wedding day. But that night I knew she wasn't going to wear it, so I decided to burn it," My dad said. My mother rolled her eyes and sighed. 

"Well besides asking about the wedding, I've decided that in two days I'm going to announce I'm not dead to the public," she said. 

"Martha, I've already told you that's not a good idea," my dad said. 

"George people need to know I'm not dead. My grave and gravestone are being dug up as we speak," she said. 

"Fine, but it'll ruin Anastasia's life," Thomas spat out. He was seething as well now. 

"What do you mean?" My mother asked. 

"Everywhere she goes she will be mocked, ridiculed, and be bombarded with questions. She'll turn into a wreck of anxiety," Thomas explained.