The Press

~Two Days Later~

I woke up in Thomas's arms. We had come back to his house yesterday in preparation for my mother announcing she wasn't dead. She had technically made the announcement last night, but it would hit the press this morning. Thomas was stroking my hair. 

"How long have you been up?" I asked. 

"About 20 minutes," he said. 

"You could of gotten up." 

"I didn't want to disturb you, you barely got any sleep last night and I wanted you to get enough sleep," he cooed. His voice was so soothing. 

"You're so sweet Tommy," I said. 

"Do you wanna get up now or do you wanna stay in bed?" 

"Can we stay in bed? I don't wanna believe this is happening," I said. Thomas pulled me closer into his arms. 

"Of course Kitten," he said. He ran his fingers through my hair as we breathed on my neck. I love every moment I spend with Thomas, but these are the moments I cherish. About five minutes later I got up. 

"I can't deal with the anxiety anymore, I need to see the newspaper," I said. Thomas slowly got up as I went behind the changing screen to get dressed. 

"How about I make you breakfast first. How does french with strawberries sound?" He asked. 

"That sounds delicious, you make the best french toast," I said. Thomas got dressed and went downstairs. I quickly got dressed as well and followed. He was cooking the french toast. I was the newspaper on the counter. I was about to open it when he flipped it over. 

"Not until breakfast. I don't want you to hear bad news on an empty stomach," he said. I just sat at the counter and waited. Thomas plated the french toast and cut up the strawberries. He sat next to me and we began to eat. My hands were shaking and Thomas noticed. 

"Y/ n I know you must be stressed, but I need to take a deep breath. It'll all turn out okay," he said. We finished breakfast and I opened the newspaper. It was on the front page. 

BREAKING NEWS! MARTHA WASHINGTON IS ALIVE!

Today is a hectic day. Former wife of President Washington has revealed that she is not dead as previously thought. She has been hiding out in Russia for the past 14 years. She faked her death to escape from a stalker. This stalker is the uncle of the man stalking her daughter, Y/n Washington. Mrs. Washington claims that her and Y/n are "struggling to reconnect" after she revealed she wasn't dead. She also said "I have been relentlessly attacked by Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton. They have no respect that I did what I had to do to protect my family." Despite this she said "I have no problem with my daughters engagement. Sure there age difference may pose problems in the future when Y/n wants kids and Thomas is unable to preform in bed, but they are in love." She also says while in Russia she adopted a daughter named Anastasia. There is no word yet if she will try to rekindle her marriage to President Washington. 

"Does this bitch thinks my penis is broken or something?" Thomas asked, "just because I'm older doesn't mean I am incapable of pleasuring or impregnating a woman." I felt my self chuckle. I needed some Thomas humor right about now. Thomas then saw the tears forming in my eyes. He pulled me into his arms. 

"Sorry I forgot to ask if you were okay," he said. 

"You didn't attack her and neither did Hamilton," I sobbed, "and I will never reconnect with her!" That's when the front door flung open to reveal Alexander. 

"Did she read the article?" Alexander asked. Thomas nodded. 

"Where is George?" Thomas asked. 

"He's doing damage control," Alexander said. I pulled out of Thomas's arms and ran into Alexander's. 

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this," I sobbed. 

"Y/n it's not your fault," Alexander said. 

"But it is!" I sobbed. 

"But it isn't," Alexander and Thomas said in unison. Alexander looked back at me and saw the state I was in and said "Y/n you need a hot beverage, you're upset. Would you like tea?" (A/n Big Bang Theory reference anyone) I nodded. 

"Can I also have tea?" Thomas asked. 

"Sure," Alexander said grabbing the kettle, "since you just got dick shamed in a newspaper." Thomas rolled his eyes. Thomas and I moved to the couch and Alexander soon followed with three cups of tea. 

"Thank you Alexander," I said.

 "No problem, anything for you," he said. Then the front door flung open again to reveal none other than Anastasia. Her face was covered in tears. 

"Anastasia what's wrong?" I asked, getting up. 

"Mom told me to spend time in town today because she was giving interviews. They're harassing me Y/n. They called me a awful person, they told me I was a Russian whore and they told me my parents deserved to die!" She ran into my arms as she sobbed. I knelled down on her level. 

"It's been a hard day for all of us, and it's gonna be hard week. Do you wanna stay here?" I asked. 

"You would let me do that?" She asked, surprised. 

"Yes, isn't that what big sisters are for?" I said. I saw a smile sweep across her face. I grabbed her hand and walked her over to Thomas and Alexander. 

"Anastasia this is my fiance Thomas and my good friend Alexander, he basically a second father to me," She shook both of their hands. 

"It's so nice to finally meet you in a non-heated environment," Alexander said. 

"I hope you don't mind me staying at least for the night Mr. Jefferson," Anastasia said. 

"Of course not, and please call me Thomas." 

A/n here is the Gaga Picture of the day. Never forget her iconic 2019 Met Gala look, or should I say four looks.