Back at Monticello

~A/n that video is so pure~ 

~Y/n's POV~

The carriage pulled up to Monticello at 6 pm on the dot. Thomas had his arm wrapped around my waist while he read Hamilton's financial plan. I was half asleep when Thomas whispered in my ear, "we're here." My eyes fluttered open to see the beauty that is Monticello. Thomas was right, three weeks up here would help my anxiety, and by the time we got back to New York, let's pray my mother will be in jail. 

"What do you want for dinner?" Thomas asked, helping me out of the carriage. 

"Whatever is the fastest. I'm starving," I said. 

"Tomato soup it is then. I'll let the kitchen know," Thomas said, grabbing my hand and leading me up the steps to Monticello. Once we were inside, Thomas escorted me to the parlor and then went to the kitchen. He came back and sat next to me. 

"Dinner will be ready in ten minutes," Thomas said, pulling me closer to his chest. Ever since the Finley incident Thomas had been a lot more clingy, not that I mind. I love it when he pulls me into his chest and whispers soft praises into my ear, but I think he was doing it subconsciously, his body trying to protect me from every danger imaginable.  

"I love you so much," Thomas cooed in my ear. 

"I love you too Tommy," I replied. 

"DINNERS READY!" A voice yelled. Thomas and I got up and went to the dinning room. Two bowls of soup were on the table. I sat down and so did Thomas. 

"So how are you feeling?" Thomas asked. 

"Fine, I've been feeling a little queasy lately though,"  I said. 

"It's probably just anxiety," Thomas said. 

"Hopefully," I replied, sipping my soup. Thomas and I ate mostly in silence until I finally asked a question that had been on my mind the past couple days, "Thomas, what will happen Anastasia if my mother is arrested?" Thomas put down his spoon and thought for a moment. 

"She'll probably go to an orphanage," Thomas said. 

"If that happens, would you want to adopt her?" I asked. Thomas looked up a me. 

"Do you want to?" He asked. I nodded, "Well Y/n you know I want kids, so sure, if you think she'd be a good addition to the family." I nodded in response. When we were done with dinner, Thomas picked me up bridal style and carried me to his bedroom. 

"TOMMY!" I squealed. I saw Tommy smirk as he laid me down on his bed. 

"Y/n you need sleep, especially if you're sick, which may be causing your nausea," Thomas said. 

"What are gonna do?" I asked, getting up and taking off my dress. 

"I'm going to catch up on some of the work your father wants me to catch up," He said, walking out of the room. 

"Wait, Thomas!" I called. Thomas turned around. 

"Yes, love?" He asked, causing me to blush. 

"Can you help me take off my corset?" I asked. I saw Thomas blush a little before saying, "of course." I turned around so he had access to the ties of the corset, he began to unknot them. 

After a couple grunts of frustration and a mumble of, "is it safe how tight these ties are?" the corset fell to my ankles, leaving me exposed for Thomas. I felt myself blush and I quickly covered my breasts with my arms. Thomas pulled my arms away, placing his hands in mine. 

"Y/n you have no need to be embarrassed," he said, kissing my cheek, "now I'll let you sleep now." He then walked down the hall to his office. 

A/n at the real Monticello his bedroom was connected to his office, the two rooms separated by his bed so in the middle of the night he could scoot out of bed and write, but for the sake of this let's say he has another office. Also at Monticello he had a bust of Hamilton head in his entrance hall next to a bust of himself. He bought it in 1794. He said of the bust about Hamilton and himself that they would "opposed in death as in life."

~Time skiparoni brought to you by that bust of Hamilton that kinda looks like Julius Caesar, or is that just me~

I woke up to hear...crying? I looked at the clock. It was 1:03 am and Thomas wasn't in bed with me. I got up and creeped down the hall and opened Thomas's office door, which seemed to be where the noise was coming from. Thomas was sitting on his office floor sobbing. 

"Tommy," I said. I quickly rushed to his side, "Tommy what's wrong?" 

"I've failed you Y/n. I couldn't protect you when the chandelier fell during the Christmas's party, I couldn't protect you when your mother came to town and I couldn't protect you when Finley kidnapped you. I'm a horrible husband," He sobbed. He placed his head on my shoulder and started sobbing louder. 

"Tommy that's not true," I began, but he cut me off. 

"Yes it is! Alexander protected you the first two times and Lafayette that last time. I'm a horrible husband!" 

"Thomas, you stood up to Finley that day he tried to kidnap me in the park. You also almost shot him when showed up at work that one day. You stood up to my father when he didn't approve of us, my mother kidnapped you and you brushed if off like it was a regular Tuesday," I said, causing him to laugh a little, "Thomas you are not an awful husband. You are the most beautiful human on planet Earth, if anything I don't deserve you. I love you so so so much Tommy." Thomas slowly stopped crying. 

"Did I wake you?" He asked as I whipped the tears from his face. 

"Yeah I think so." 

"I'm sorry." 

"Thomas it's okay," I said. Thomas picked me up for the second time we got to Monticello and placed me in his bed. 

"Did you ever go to bed?" I asked. 

"No," he responded, crawling in bed next to me and pulling me into his chest. 

"Tommy, you need to sleep to survive," I said. 

"If I can learn one thing from Alexander Hamilton it's that you function with no sleep," he said, causing us both to laugh. 

"It's still not healthy," I said. 

"I know," he said. Soon we fell asleep. Just me and him, alone and against the world. I never want this to end. 

A/n I hope you enjoyed this chapter! For this Gaga I could to share with you this cover of Bad Romance in a jazz style. The YouTube channel is called PostModern Jukebox and they do a lot of jazz covers of songs, so if you like it I recommend you listen to more of there songs.