The Night Before the Wedding

A/n the Hamilton movie posters are fucking amazing. Also this chapter is going to be short.

~2 Weeks Later Y/n's POV~

Alexander was helping me pack up all my wedding stuff. I was spending the nigh at my dad's because tomorrow was the day I had been waiting for, my wedding to my beloved Thomas. 

"Are you sure I can't get one peak at your dress before you leave?" Thomas asked. 

"Sorry Tommy, you'll get to see me when we get married though," I said as he chuckled. 

"I can't wait that long, I wanna marry you nowwwwww," he whined. 

"Can y'all take a break from being cute and help me carry all this stuff to the carriage?" Alexander barged in. 

"Yes, coming Alex," I said, "Bye Tommy, I'll see you at 2pm tomorrow." 

"Bye Y/n, I love you." 

"I love you too." 

Alexander helped me unload all the stuff out of the carriage into my dad's house. My dad quickly came out to help me unload. 

"Y/n when were are done getting all this stuff to your bedroom dinner is on the table, do you mind if Alexander eats with us?" 

"Yeah of course that's fine dad," I said. We hauled the suitcases up to my room and then we walked downstairs for dinner. The thunder rippled through the house, luckily our wedding tomorrow is inside. 

We sat down to dinner, eating mostly in silence. I think both my dad and Alexander still couldn't believe by this time tomorrow I'd be Mrs. Jefferson. 

"So Y/n how are you feeling?" My dad asked. 

"Fine, a little nervous," I confessed. Alexander reached across the table and grabbed my hand. 

"Y/n, everyone is nervous at their wedding, including me. You just have to remember this is going to be the happiest day of your life," Alexander said, "besides if you get nervous I'll be right beside you. I'm your maid of honor after all."  Oh did I mention that? Instead of having a female maid of honor like most people, I chose Alexander to be my maid of honor because I don't have a lot of female friends and Alexander is my best friend and like an uncle to me. 

After dinner I quickly changed into my nightgown and went to bed, but before I could drift off to sleep I heard a knock at my door. 

"Come in." In walked Alexander. 

"Hey can we talk?" He asked, sitting on the bed next to me. 

"Of course," I said, sitting up. 

"Y/n you know how much I love you right?" He asked. 

"Of course Alex," I replied. 

"I just-" he had tears in his eyes, "you've grown up so much and I would and I would of never thought I would have the honor to be your maid of honor." 

"Alex-" 

"Let me finish please," He said, "ya know when I first walked in on Thomas throwing that wine glass at you, I was furious. I was about ready to kill him. Y/n you're like a first child to me. I love you so much. But when I visited Thomas that night to yell at him I could see the pain and regret in his eyes. He loved you Y/n and he knew he fucked up. That's when I decided your relationship was one that would last, well after he apologized of course." Now I was the one crying. 

"Just remember Y/n, if Thomas ever says something mean, fucks with you or makes you uncomfortable, please tell me and I will whoop his ass so fast. Please promise me that Y/n, that you'll tell me if he does something bad?" 

"Of course Uncle Alex," I said. 

"I'm glad you've found someone who makes you so happy, now get a good night sleep, you have a big day ahead of you tomorrow." 

A/n I hope you liked this chapter! For this Gaga Update here is a throw back to her iconic VMA's performance of Applause.