Go Back to Sleep

I woke up kicking and screaming after a nightmare. 

"Y/n it's okay, I'm right here," Thomas said. I immediately calmed down, "did you have another nightmare about Finley?" I nodded my head in response. Thomas wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. 

"Y/n can I ask you something that has been bothering me lately?" He asked. 

"Of course," I said, rolling over so I could look Thomas in the eye. 

"Were you actually going to go with Finley when he told you if you went with him, no one would get hurt?" I could see the hurt in Thomas's eyes, even in the dark. 

"If it meant he wouldn't you, then I was willing to go with him," I said. 

"Y/n I don't want to sound angry, but when you said that you broke my heart. I felt like shit, because you were willing to go with him, I thought that maybe you thought he could give you a better life, and that maybe you weren't wild about our age difference," Thomas cried. 

"Tommy, he could never give me a better life than the one I currently have. I love you. I am so sorry I made you upset, I just didn't want him to hurt you," Now I was crying. 

"Y/n I am so sorry, I couldn't protect you," he said. 

"But you did, you threw your body over mine when Finley came in with that gun, you were willing to die for me, and I was willing to do the same for you," I said. Thomas pressed his lips against mine as his hand was in my hair. 

"Hey Y/n, it's Christmas morning," he said. (A/n I am sorry if you don't celebrate Christmas.)

"I totally forgot," I said with a laugh, "and now you got me so excited I may not be able to sleep." 

"Y/n go back to sleep and there will be a surprise for you in the morning," Thomas said. I rolled back over and fell asleep. 

I woke up to Thomas at the side of the bed with a silver plate of breakfast. 

"Did you already eat?" I asked. He nodded. 

"I miss eating breakfast with you in the dinning room," I said, sitting up. Thomas laughed. 

"Y/n, you still have a week left of bed rest," he said. 

"I know, I just miss life as normal," I said. 

"Y/n with all do respect I am 28 years older than you, I work for your father who is the president of The United States of America, your best friend is my worst enemy, and you are being chased by a psychotic rapist who wants you to marry him. I wouldn't classify our life together as normal," Thomas said. I laughed. 

"When you are done with breakfast we will exchange gifts," he said. I nodded as he got up and left the room. As I finished breakfast a servant took the tray and Thomas came back with three boxes. We had agreed to give the other no more than 2 Christmas presents, why did he have 3. I had him hand me the two boxes on the table that were for him. 

"Tommy we agreed only two presents!" I exclaimed. 

"I know, I just couldn't resist," He said with a smirk, "open yours first." I opened the smallest box first to reveal a locket shaped like a heart. 

"Tommy, it's beautiful," I said. 

"Open it!" He exclaimed. I quickly opened it. There was an inscription. 

Thomas Jefferson and Y/n Washington, two hearts turned to one 

"Tommy you really didn't have to-" I began, but he cut me off as he put the necklace around my neck, "I know, but I wanted to." I smiled as he handed me the next box. I opened it to reveal a book. It was a collection of fairy tales! 

"I know how much you love Shakespeare, so I thought you might want some other classic English literature to read, and maybe we could ready one together," he said. 

"I would love that," I said. Thomas handed me the next box. I opened it to reveal a pistol. It was silver with engraved roses all around it. It also came with a shit ton of bullets. 

"In case you ever need to protect yourself while you are bed ridden, this will live in your bedside cabinet," he said. He took it from my hands and loaded it and then put it in the beside drawer. I then handed him his first gift. It was a box of chocolate from France, which he loved. 

"Now Thomas, your final gift isn't done, but I just wanted to show it to you and then I can finish it," I said. Thomas opened the box and pulled out a new bright purple coat which I had been working on for the past month. 

"Y/n it's beautiful!" He exclaimed, quickly kissing me "but not as beautiful as you."