Miss Maria Reynolds

~THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO DISCUSS DOMESTIC ABUSE! IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY WITH THAT PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THAT!~

~Jasmine Cephas Jones is a national treasure. Also thanks Jasmine for helping me realize I was pansexual!~

~Y/n's POV~

It was about 3 o'clock in the afternoon when I began to walk to Maria's house. I wanted to know why she did this. What made her go the Alexander's that day? I walked to the house. Was I really going to do this? I slowly knocked on the door. A seven or eight year old girl opened. She had bruises on her arms. 

"Hi, what's your name?" I asked. 

"I'm Susan! What's your name?" She asked. 

"I'm Y/n. I'm looking for a woman named Maria Reynolds,"  I said. 

"That would be my mommy! I'll lead you to her!" She exclaimed. She grabbed my hand and lead me down the hall. I heard arguing. 

"James please! You can't leave me again, I won't be able to pay the rent!" A female voice yelled. I heard a loud crash, like something ceramic was thrown at a wall. 

"I don't care! Go suck a dick to make money!" An angry male voice growled. 

"James we are the laughing stock of the country and it's your fault!" 

"It's not my fault! Don't pin this on me you filthy slut!"

"Please James let's not do this now, Susan is home." 

"I don't care about her. She is a slut just like her mother. I'm going out for a drink." With that a man ran out of the room, pushing past me and marched out the front door. 

"Thank you Susan," I said. I slowly went into the room and closed the door. There was a shattered vase on the floor. A woman in a red dress was sobbing on the floor. 

"Maria? Maria Reynolds?" I asked. She looked up at me, makeup streaming down her face. 

"Y-your M-Mrs. Hamilton, aren't you? H-here to t-tell m-me I-I'm a whore?" She sobbed. 

"No. I'm Y/n Washington Jefferson," I said as I sat down next to her. 

"I came to give you a piece of my mind, but appears I may not have the full story," I said. 

"If you read the Reynolds Pamphlet you don't have half of it," she sobbed. I pulled her into my arms. There were also bruises on her arms. 

"Then tell me the full story," I said. She kept crying, "w-would you like some tea Mrs. Jefferson?" 

"Please call me Y/n, and only if you are also getting some for yourself," I replied. She nodded, getting up. She came back five minutes later with a kettle on two cups of tea. 

"Thank you," I said, "what is your side of the story?" 

"Look, I was basically brainwashed to marry James when I was 15. I thought I loved him, but I didn't. I was going to leave him, but then we had Susan so I stayed with him. He hits us, a lot. I try to shield Susan from it as much as I can, but it's hard sometimes. He told me if I could get Hamilton into bed and bribe him for money he would stop hitting us. I did it to protect Susan. He stopped hitting us for a while, but once the money stopped coming in he continued to hit us," she sobbed. I grabbed her hand. Poor thing. Alexander made it sound like it was all her fault. Then again he may not have known. 

"You poor thing. Let me help you. I'll buy you and Susan boat tickets to London, I'll pay for a divorce lawyer. What can I help to do?" I asked. 

"I've been saving up for the past three years to hire a divorce lawyer. I think I'm going to hire Aaron Burr. He's good with this kind of stuff. Then I'll take Susan and we will run off to Philadelphia," she sighed. I scribbled my address down on a piece of paper and handed it to her. 

"If you ever need anything, and I mean anything don't hesitate to come find me," I said. She nodded, "you should come forward with your story. Reclaim the voice James has taken from." 

"I can't write or read very well. I would need help," she said. 

"I can help with that if you want to release your story," I said. She nodded. On my way out I saw Susan. 

"Bye Y/n!" She said. 

"Bye Susan, look after your mother for me," I said. 

"I will!" 

A/n I hope you liked this chapter, for this Gaga update we remember this iconic look.