Bonfire

A/n Bonfire reminds me of James Bond which reminds me of Skyfall which is why I put the iconic song Skyfall above!

Y/n's POV

It had been 2 days since my mother kidnapped Thomas and he was doing...okay. He wasn't sleeping a lot, but he kept telling me he was fine and I didn't want to pressure him. I was at my dad's house today because Thomas was writing his vows and he wanted to write them in private, so I decided to write mine in my old bedroom at my dads. 

"Damn why is this so hard?" I mumbled to myself.  I rewriting and scribbling and rewriting and scribbling. 

"Hey what are you doing here?" A voice asked. I turned around to see my dad. 

"I wanted a quiet place to write my wedding vows," I said. My dad nodded, sitting on the couch next to my desk. 

"Dad how did you write your vows to mom?" I asked, "ya know back when you loved her and we didn't know she was evil." He laughed. 

"I just wrote how I felt, without trying to sound cliche. For my vows I told the story of when your mom and I were picking apples, she tripped and fell in a mud puddle and that when I asked her to court me, because it was at the moment I knew I loved her," My dad was clearly holding back tears. 

"Dad, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset," I said. 

"No Y/n it's okay. Besides, I wanted to show you something." 

"What?" I asked, following him out of my room to his. He opened his closet and pulled out an old wooden crate. 

"Inside this crate is everything I kept from your mother, excluding the wedding dress which as you know I already burned," he said causing me to chuckle, "I think it's important for us to both remember your mother before she ran off to Russia." I nodded. My dad grabbed a hammer he had in his closet and pried open the box. 

"Ya know I haven't opened this since the day we buried your mother," he said. I slowly sat on the floor next to him and opened it. The first thing I pulled out was a piece of paper. 

"That's the marriage certificate," He said, pulling out the rest of the stuff out. 

This form confirms that the two signing this form have agreed to spend the rest of their lives in holy matrimony. 

Martha  Dandridge                                                                                 George Washington 

"So you finally opened that damned box huh George?" A voice asked. I turned around to see Alexander and Thomas in the doorway. 

"Yeah, I wanted to show Y/n who her mother was before she ran off to Russia," My dad said. 

"Mind if we help you guys look through it?" Thomas asked. 

"Not at all," My dad said, holding up a wig, "Y/n this was the wig your mother wore to our wedding. I remember at the time I thought it was hideous, but I didn't say anything and when she died I felt awful for thinking it was ugly, and now looking at it again it is uglier than I remember." We all laughed. 

"Y/n please don't wear that to our wedding," Thomas begged with a laugh. 

"You'd have to pay me to wear that," I said. Alexander laughed. We kept pulling things out of the box. Some old pearl necklaces, a hairbrush, a copy of my mother's vows to my father, and my fathers vows to my mother. 

When I met Martha, I thought she was a dumb, stuck up, rich girl, but the more I got to know her the more I learned to love her. As to Summer turned into Fall, I asked her to go apple picking and Martha was wearing these blue two inch heels with yellow bows on them and she slipped and fell into this massive pile of mud at lest two feet deep. When I watched her fall into the pile of mud, something just lit up inside me. Something I had never felt before, that's when it clicked. Most people hate their soulmates when they first meet them, and that was true for Martha and I. That's when I knew I loved her. At the moment I was stirred from my daydreaming to Martha yelling "Dammit George help me out of this mud!" As I pulled her out of that mud I said "Martha can I court you." And it was history from there. 

"I'm just rereading the marriage licences," I said, stuffing the vows behind my back, which luckily no one saw me do.

"Weird I can't find the vows I wrote to your mother. It's okay I wanted to burn them anyway along with everything is this fucking box," My dad said. 

"How about we do that," Thomas said, "we start a massive bond fire outside and burn everything. The wig the marriage certificate, everything. Well maybe not the pearls I'm not sure they'd burn and you could probably sell them for a lot money." 

"I kind of wanted the pearls," I confessed. My dad slid them over to me. 

"That's a great idea Thomas, I'll have Alice and other people start a bond fire in the back yard. Can you three carry everything outside?" My dad asked. We all nodded. Thomas and Alexander picked up most of everything, but I was in charge of the papers. I looked at my fathers vows again. I couldn't let those burn, sure I'd let my mothers burn, but these were so pure. I quickly stuffed them down my corset, grabbed the rest of the papers and made my way to the to the backyard. 

When I arrived in the backyard the bond fire was already raging. 

"Ya reading Y/n?" My dad asked. I nodded, throwing the papers into the bond fire. It was fun to watch them fly through the air and then burn into oblivion. Next Alexander threw in the hairbrush, which took a little longer to catch on fire, but it finally did. Then Alexander threw her knitting needles. Finally my dad threw in the fucking ugly wig, which did not catch on fire for a good two and a half minutes. 

"How long is it going to take for me to destroy this fucking ugly wig!" My dad yelled, poking it with a stick. Finally it ignited into flames. Thomas walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. 

"You kept his vows to her didn't you?" He asked. 

"How did you-" 

"I know you Kitten, it's okay. I understand why you did and my lips are sealed. 

A/n I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Here's Lady Gaga at the 2013 VMA's.