George Washington's Return

~Daveed really hates Pier 1 Imports~

~Thomas's POV~ 

I carried Alex up to his bed. I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda mad at Y/n at the moment. I thought Alexander was stealing government funds and I could not let that slide. I get he is like a father to her, but she needs to see where I'm coming from. I placed Alex in his bed. 

"Daddy?" Alex asked. 

"Yes Alex?" I said, sitting on the edge of his bed. 

"Why did mommy look so upset?" God this kid is going to melt my heart. 

"She had a rough day Alex and just needed to vent out some frustrations to me." 

"So you weren't fighting?" Alex asked. 

"No of course not. Do you think you can sleep now?" I asked. Alex nodded. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and left the room. I walked into the bedroom to see her in one of shirts, which is what she likes to sleep in. 

"Hey..." she said in a hushed voice. 

"Hey." 

"I'm sorry. You were right, you did the right thing confronting him about it, you thought he was doing something illegal," she said. I got changed and crawled into bed next to her. 

"I shouldn't have said if I cheated on you." 

"We both made mistakes, that happens." Soon we fell asleep. 

~Y/n's POV~

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I slowly creeped downstairs to see Thomas and my father. 

"Dad!" I exclaimed, running into his arms.

"Hey Y/n!" He said. We hugged and then I asked, "not that I'm not happy to see you, but what are you doing in town? You're suppose to be up in Mount Vernon enjoying retirement." He laughed. 

"I came as soon as I heard of Alexander's affair," he said. I nodded and Thomas handed me a plate of bacon. We all sat down and ate. 

"What's the plan for today?" Thomas asked. 

"I'm going to talk to Alexander," my dad said. 

"I am going to find Maria Reynolds," I said. Everyone's jaws dropped.

"Y/n are we sure that's a good idea?" Thomas asked. 

"I want to give her a piece of my mind," I said, "and don't worry I'm not going to beat her up." 

"Are you sure? Sometimes you get...overly protective when it comes to the people you care about. Remember that time you were eight beat up Charles Lee's eight year old daughter cause she called Lafayette a 'stupid baguette'?" My dad asked. 

"I put her in her place though, didn't I?" I asked. 

"I'm surprised you didn't rip out her scalp," my dad said. Thomas started cackling. 

"You seriously beat up Charles Lee's daughter Y/n?" Thomas asked. 

"Yeah. Charles Lee was not happy about it. He threatened to duel Alexander over it and Alexander said, 'you're so fucking stupid you don't even know the 10 duel commandments.'" I said. Thomas and George startled laughing. 

"God how did I get so lucky to marry you?" Thomas asked, reaching over across the table to kiss my hand. 

"Keep it in your pants Jefferson, I'm right here," my dad said. Thomas quickly resumed eating his bacon, brushing a piece of hair behind his ear as he blushed. 

"Y/n if you are going to go visit this Maria Reynolds, please try not to strangle her," my dad said. 

"I'll try, no promises." 

"GRANDPA!" Two familiar voices yelled from the top of the stairs. I was Alex and George running down the stairs. 

"Hey!" My dad got down on the floor and pulled them into his arms, "how are my two favorite grandsons?" 

"We're your only grandsons!" Alex exclaimed. My dad smiled. 

"Do you two want breakfast?" Thomas asked, clearing his plate. 

"Yes pwease!" George exclaimed. He had trouble with his l and r sounds. He's only two after all. Thomas smiled and began to cook more bacon. 

"Grandpa will you play army with me?" Alex asked, leaping into his arms. 

"After breakfast Alex, also ask your brother if he wants to play with us." 

"George will you play army with Grandpa and I?" He asked. George nodded, watching Thomas as if what he doing was magic. Alex looked a lot more like Thomas now that he was older. Neither him or George had Thomas's curls, but our baby daughter Rose did. George looked a lot more like me, meaning he looked a lot like his namesake. Thomas put the bacon on two plates and the two began to eat. Later today I was going to go to Maria's house and give her a piece of my mind. 

A/n I hope you liked this chapter. For this Gaga update we remember her iconic Cruella de Vil Halloween costume.