Rescued

"Finley please just let me go," I begged, turning away from him so I wouldn't have to see his face.

"Never," He said. That's when I heard loud footsteps, followed by a gunshot, followed by Finley's scream. 

I quickly turned around to see Thomas and Lafayette. Lafayette was holding a pistol. I ran up to the bars and looked at Finley. There was blood coming out of his head. 

"TOMMY!" I managed to cry. Thomas ran over to the bars, reaching his hand through them. 

"Kitten it's okay, I'm here," He said as he grabbed my hand. 

"Tommy I'm scared," I managed to choke out, "I wanna go home." 

"I know Kitten I know. We are going to get on the first boat to New York. Now Lafayette find the key to get her out!" Thomas yelled. Lafayette nodded and began searching. 

"I-Is he dead?" I managed to choke out. Thomas nodded. 

"Will Lafayette be charged with murder?" I asked. 

"No, under French law I was technically defending someone who was being kidnapped so you have no reason to worry mon ami,"  Lafayette said. 

"How did he find us?" Thomas asked. 

"A-A-Apparently Abigail Adams told my mom and my mom told Finley in hopes he'd kill you, but instead he kidnapped me," I cried. 

"That bitch I'm going to-" 

"FOUND IT!" Lafayette exclaimed, cutting off Thomas and holding up the key. He ran over and unlocked the door. I quickly ran out of the cage and into Thomas's arms. I was sobbing. 

"Y/n you're skin is ice cold," He said. He took of his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders. He then picked me up bridal style before saying "let's get you to the hotel." 

Once we got to the hotel Lafayette went to his room and Thomas carried me to our bed. 

"Let's get you changed," he said pulling my nightgown out of my from one of my suitcases. I went behind the changing screen and changed, trying my hardest not to cry. Once I was in my nightgown and Thomas was back in his sleeping shirt, we climbed into bed together. Thomas pulled me tightly into his arms and ran his fingers through my hair. 

"How did you find me?" I asked. 

"Well both Lafayette heard the gunshot and then we followed the shoes. Y/n you truly are a genius for leaving your shoes behind. I'm afraid I wouldn't of found you if you didn't," Thomas praised. 

"I'm not a genius Tommy," I said with a chuckle. 

"Yes you are. You're the smartest person I know," He said. I smiled as we drifted off to sleep.

~The Next Day~

I sat on the couch, staring blankly at the wall. The next boat for human passage to New York was next week, but later today a boat for mail to New York left so Lafayette was writing letters to Alexander and my dad explaining what happened, meaning the letters would get there a week before we did. I hadn't gotten any sleep last night do to the anxiety. And when I did get sleep it was only for about an hour and I woke up due to a nightmare Thomas had to calm me down from. 

"Y/n," Thomas called out. I didn't answer. I didn't feel like answering, I just wanted to sit there and cry. 

"Y/n," Thomas called out again as he sat next to me, "can you listen to me please?" I slowly turned my head towards him. 

"How are you doing this morning?" He asked. 

"I'm scared. Every time I close my eyes I see him Tommy. And if that doesn't happen I expect to wake up in that cell and you rescuing me was a bad dream," I sobbed, crawling into Thomas's opening arms. That's when he pinched my arm. 

"What was that for!" I exclaimed. 

"To prove to you it's not a dream, that I did rescue you," Thomas said. 

"You really are my Prince Charming," I said.  Thomas smiled at this.

"Speaking of Prince Charming would you like me to read you a fairy tale to cheer you up?" Thomas asked. 

"That would be nice," Thomas got up and grabbed the book of fairy tales, sat down next to me and began to read. 

"Once upon a time, in a far away land, a young prince lived in a shining castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled, selfish and unkind. But then, one winter's night, an old beggar woman came to the castle and offered him a single rose in return for shelter from the bitter cold. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the prince sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away. But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. And when he dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress." 

A/n I hope you liked this chapter! Instead of a Gaga Update I want to pay tribute to Amy Winehouse because she was such an incredibly talented artist who died so young, but I do have a Gaga fact for you. The reason Gaga dyed her hair blonde was because early on in her career people mistook her for Amy Winehouse. I'll include a side by side comparison of them. Again thanks for reading!

 Again thanks for reading!