Pregnant?

A/n do you prefer Daveed as Lafayette or Jefferson? For me it's probably as Jefferson because 1. What'd I Miss is angelic to my ears 2. Southern Mother Fuckin' Democratic Republicans is iconic 3. How the fuck can someone look that good in magenta?

~Y/n's POV one week later~

Thomas was catching up on work. I hadn't felt well for almost 7 weeks. I wonder what it could be? That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks. 

Thomas and I had been engaging in a lot of *cough's to clear throat* ...adult activities since our wedding night. I also missed my period last week. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. Am I pregnant? I suddenly felt sick again, I opened the window to the parlor and threw up on a bush below. Was I ready for kids? Was Thomas ready for kids? I know he said he was ready, but is he really ready? I'm only 19 (but my mind is older)! I took a deep breath and calmed myself down and knocked on Thomas's office door. 

"Come in!" He called. I slowly walked in. 

"Y/n are you okay? You look really pale," he said. 

"I'm sure I'm fine. I was gonna go to town to buy a new dress, I'll be back by dinner," I said. 

"Alright," Thomas said, blowing me a kiss. I blew him one back, closed his door and ran downstairs to the carriages. I wasn't going dress shopping. I was going to the doctor. I told the carriage driver I wanted to go to the nearest doctors office. He nodded his head and began to drive. I took deep breaths to calm myself down, but I was having trouble. What if Thomas didn't want kids? I know he said he did, but what if he was lying. Once we got to the doctors office, I got out of the carriage and ran in to make sure no one saw me. 

"Hello Miss, how may we help you?" A woman asked. 

"I need a checkup," I said. 

"Of course! Why do you need one?" The woman asked. 

"I-I think I-I'm p-p-pregnant," I managed to stutter out. 

"Oh dear, no wonder you look so pale. Let me get you some water. Can I get a full name?" She asked, getting up and handing me a glass of water. My hands were shaking so much it was hard to bring it to my lips. 

"Y/n Washington Jefferson," I coughed out. Her jaw dropped to the door. 

"Oh Mrs. Jefferson I didn't know it was you. I'm sure your husband will be pleased if you are pregnant, especially a son to carry on the family name!" She exclaimed, filling out a form. I rolled my eyes. It doesn't need to be a son for us to be happy. We would love any child. I sat down and soon a midwife called me into a room. I slowly walked in and motioned for me to sit on a table. 

"Mrs. Jefferson, it's an honor to meet you," the midwife said as she began to examine me. 

"You don't need to be so formal," I said. I stripped down so she could examine me more closely. 

"Does your husband know you're here?" She asked. 

"No," I said. 

"Oh well if you you're pregnant that'll be a big surprise for him," she said. 

"And for me," I said. After about five minutes of silence she said, "Mrs. Jefferson, you're pregnant!" I felt the wave of anxiety hit me. Me a mom. I think I'll be a good mother, but I'm terrified. 

"O-okay thank you," I said, getting dressed and walking out to the carriage. We began to head home and the thumping in my chest got louder the closer we got to Monticello. Once we pulled up I saw Thomas standing outside. 

"I was starting to worry about you, it's starting to storm," he said, ushering me inside. 

"Yeah I got held up," I said.

"Did you get a dress?" Thomas asked, escorting me to the dinning room. Dinner was laid out. 

"No, nothing striked my fancy," I said, trying to end the conversation. How was I gonna tell him? We ate dinner in relative silence, I was hyperventilating the entire time. 

"Y/n be honest, did you really go dress shopping?" Thomas asked. Oh fuck he was on to me. 

"Where else would I have gone?" I asked. 

"Because you're hyperventilating and you were clearly lying when you said you didn't see a dress that striked your fancy," he said, "Y/n somethings bothering you. Please tell me so I can help you." 

"Promise you won't be upset?" I asked, the thumping in my chest was practically the only thing I heard at this point. 

"Of course," he said. 

"I went to the doctor," I said. 

"About your queasiness?" Thomas asked. 

"Yeah." 

"What'd they say? Why would I be mad at that?" 

"Because they said I'm pregnant." 

A/n I hope you liked this chapter! For this Gaga Update we remember this iconic look.