Vultures

A/n Blindspotting is such a good movie! I need to watch it again. Honestly even though I have never been to Oakland, California you really get a feel of what it is like through the film. Anyway back to your regularly scheduled program. 

Thomas stumbled down the stairs to me making waffles. 

"Since when did you make breakfast? That's my job," he said as I handed him his cup of coffee. 

"Since you started sleeping in," he said with a chuckle. 

"Sorry last night was stressful dealing with your mother." 

"I know Tommy, and I hope we don't have to deal with her again anytime soon," I said. 

"I'm more worried about the press currently since I have to go to work," he said. 

"Shit. Do you want me to come with you so you don't have to deal with it alone?" I asked as I put the waffles on a plate. 

"No I think you should stay low for a while. You know where the gun is right?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Damn these are good waffles!" he exclaimed. 

"I had a good teacher," I said smiling at him. 

"I know you did cause I was the teacher," he said with a smirk. 

"No actually Thomas my dad taught me how to cook waffles," I said with a laugh, this caused him to roll his eyes. After breakfast he ran upstairs to get dressed due to the fact he was running late. 

"Ya sure you don't want me to come to work with you?" I called from the bottom of the stairs. He quickly flung open the bedroom door and ran down the stairs. He kissed me on my forehead and said "no darling, stay home. I'll be home in time for dinner." And with that he was out the door. 

~Thomas's POV~

I was dreading going to work. There was going to be a mob of press trying to ask me questions. As the carriage slowly pulled up, I saw a group of reporters. I slowly got out of the carriage and they quickly noticed my presences. 

"Secretary Jefferson how is Y/n doing?" 

"Secretary Jefferson do you really hate Martha Washington?" 

"Secretary Jefferson can you tell us about Anastasia Rasputin?" 

"Secretary Jefferson will George and Martha get back together?" 

"Secretary Jefferson is it true Alexander Hamilton hates Martha Washington?" 

"Secretary Jefferson can you confirm or deny you are good in bed?" That question is what really ticked me off. 

"Listen here you vultures. I understand you are doing your job, but this right here is harassment. This is why Y/n hasn't left the house, because of you insensitive dingbats. But to answer some of your questions Martha denied George and Y/n's trust and I don't think they'll forgive her anytime soon. Martha broke the heart of the woman I love so if that means I hate her I guess I do. Anastasia is a lovely girl and y'all need to stop harassing her. She's only nine years old. George will never get back together with Martha no matter how badly she wants to. She doesn't seem to understand what she did to him. I cannot answer for Alexander you will have to ask him yourself. And finally is it very appropriate do ask someone if they are good in bed? I'm not answering that question," I said and with that I stormed into the office. 

I slammed the door behind me. That was so stressful. 

"Press?" A voice asked. It was George. 

"Yeah. They're like fucking vultures," I said. 

"I know. I got here early to avoid them and low and behold they were here," George sighed. I nodded and walked down the hall to Alexander's office. I knocked on the door. No answer. This worried me so I burst open the door. Alexander was asleep on his green velvet couch. He shot up when he heard the door hit the wall. 

"JESUS CHRIST JEFFERSON I ALMOST HAD A FUCKING HEART ATTACK! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF KNOCKING?" He asked. 

"I knocked and you didn't answer, I wanted to make sure you weren't dead. Did you sleep here?" I asked. He slowly sat up, grabbing his glasses from the table and putting them on his face. 

"Yeah, I didn't want to have to deal with those vultures," Alexander sighed. He got up and put on his green coat. 

"If it makes you feel any better I had to tell a reporter it wasn't appropriate to ask me if I was good in bed," I said. This caused Alexander to snicker. 

"How's Y/n doing?" 

"She's doing fine. I told her she couldn't leave the house today," I said. 

"Yeah. That's probably the right thing to do," Alexander replied. I nodded, leaving his office. I walked down the hall to my office. I plopped down in my chair. 

"Fuck it," I mumbled. I opened one of my desk drawers and pulled out a bottle of scotch and a cup. I poured some and began to drink it. 

"Ya know last time you drank at work you almost got glass in my daughters face," A voice said. I looked up to see George leaning in the doorway. 

"I had almost forgotten about that," I said, "do you wanna glass?" 

"When would I turn down a glass of scotch?" George asked with a laugh. I laughed as well and poured him a glass as he sat down across from me. 

"How the fuck am I suppose to keep Y/n safe from both Finley and Martha?" I asked with a sigh. 

"Thomas you are really overwhelmed and stressed. Also it's not just you who is protecting Y/n it's also me and Alexander. You forget that sometimes," He said. 

"I know George and I am sorry. It's just I love her so much all I want to do is protect her," I said. 

"I know Thomas, but we have to protect her together," George said. I nodded. He got up, but before he left he said "It's Wednesday. I want both you and Alexander to take Thursday and Friday off. You both need to rest." 

A/n I am sorry I haven't updated this week. Online school is a pain in the ass, but it ends next week so hopefully I can update more often! Anyway for today's Gaga Worship (that's what I'm calling this segment now) I present her new music video Rain on Me! And omg it's so good it's one of my favorite music videos and songs of Gagas and her Ariana Grande make such a power team! I love it so much and I am so excited for Chromatica next week! Also quick question, if I published a book that was just videos, pictures, and fun facts about and of Lady Gaga, would you read it? Anyway thanks again for all the support!