Back Home

~A/n y'all gotta listen to that. It makes me cry every time yet I keep listening to it. The Story of Tonight will always have a special place in my heart~

~2 Weeks Later Thomas's POV~

Y/n and I were packing up our stuff, knowing full well that Alexander and Washington would be waiting for us on that dock. Y/n still barely wanted to talk about it. We carried our stuff and walked off the boat. 

"Y/n-" A voice called. I looked through the crowd to see Alexander and George. Y/n dropped her bags and immediately ran into George's arms, sobbing. 

"Thomas," Alexander snapped. Oh shit. "You promised to protect her and you almost got her kidnapped. What kind of husband are you? You let your wife almost go missing. Your an abomination to mankind and I fucking-" 

"Hamilton," George interrupted, "You're upsetting Y/n." Y/n pulled away from George's arms and then ran into Alexander's. 

"Shhhhh Y/n it's not your fault," Alexander cooed. 

"It's not Tommy's fault either," Y/n said. 

"Y/n I'm sorry I snapped at Thomas," Alexander said. 

"Apologize to him," Y/n demanded. Alexander pulled away from Y/n and said, "Thomas I'm sorry I snapped at you." 

"It's okay. I knew it was coming," I said. Lafayette came off the boat with his stuff. 

"We have a carriage ready for all of you. We'll drop Laf off at his house and then drop you and Thomas off," George said, helping Y/n carry her stuff. Once we got in the carriage, Y/n asked what I was thinking, "have they arrested my mother yet?" George and Alexander looked at each other. 

"Not yet. The police wanted to talk to Lafayette first before they made an arrest," George said. Y/n nodded. The rest of the carriage ride was in silence. We dropped Lafayette off at his house and then went to Y/n and mine's house. 

"Alexander, George would you like to stay for dinner?" I asked. 

"Sure," George said. 

"I have nothing better to do," Alexander said. We got out of the carriage and took all our stuff into the house. I began to cook some eggs and bacon. We were having breakfast for dinner. Alexander and George were asking Y/n a hundred questions about our encounter with Finley. 

"Dinners ready!" I yelled. Alexander, George and Y/n grabbed food. We ate in relative silence. Alexander giving me a death glare the entire time. 

"Thomas I expect you back at work on Monday. I can give you some more time off if you decide to go on another honeymoon since you're first one kind of ended badly," George said. 

"Sir, to be completely honest I was planning on taking her up to Monticello tomorrow. I was thinking the country air might help her anxiety," I said. 

"How long were you thinking?" George asked. 

"Three weeks maybe," I said. 

"If I gave you some papers would you be willing to work on them while you're up there? There aren't a lot, shouldn't take you more than five hours," George said. 

"Of course sir. If that means I get to spend time with Y/n," I said, grabbing her hand under the table. 

"Alright. I'll leave them in your mailbox tomorrow morning. Maybe leave tomorrow afternoon so you can rest a little more," George suggested. 

"That's not a bad idea," I said. Dinner wrapped up soon after that and Y/n and I bid Alexander and George goodbye. As soon as they left Y/n said.. 

"Did you ever consider I really didn't want to have dinner with my dad and Alexander the moment we got home?" I gulped. No wonder she glared at me when I suggested dinner. 

"Y/n I'm sorry-" 

"You're sorry? While you got to cook I had to Indore some of the worst questions of my life. Did Finley touch you inappropriate? Did you and Thomas have sex on your honeymoon, did Finley try to shoot you-" 

"Woah woah, rewind. Who asked if we had sex?" I asked. 

"Alexander, I think he asked it as a joke, but it made me really uncomfortable," She said. I grabbed her wrist, pulling her back into my torso. I moved her hair behind her her ear so I could kiss her neck. 

"Kitten I'm really sorry. I was just trying to be nice. You know they were worried about you," I said, my lips moving to her collarbone.  

"I know Tommy. Just promise me while we're in Monticello you won't drown yourself in your work," she said. I moved her dress a little so my lips could move to her shoulder.

"I promise," I said, picking her up and carrying her to our bedroom. 

"TOMMY!" She exclaimed. I opened the door, closed it with my foot and then placed her on the bed. I quickly shucked off my brown coat and pulled her into a tight kiss. 

"Are you okay with this?" I asked. 

"Of course," she replied. Tonight was going to be fun. 

A/n I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I just want to thank everyone for over 25k reads! When I started this bored in quarantine in April, I didn't expect so many people to discover it and like it. I'm still stuck in quarantine, but updating her on Wattpad has been keeping me sane. Thank you for all the love and support. For this Gaga update, we remember the iconic Gaga song, Brooklyn Nights which was leaked and suppose to be on ARTPOP, but wasn't. I hope she puts it on one of her future albums, I love it so much.