Don't Pull the Trigger

A/n extra long and dramatic update cause it's Thomas Jefferson's birthday!

"Whatever you need to say to Y/n you can say in front of me!" Thomas yelled as he ran over to me and grabbed my hand. 

"And me," Alex said, standing up. 

"Look Y/n I have someone I would like you to meet, I think he'll be an excellent suitor," My dad said. Thomas looked furious. "Just let me introduce you to him." My dad called someone over and that's when he appeared in the doorway....it was Finley Wolf. I eminently erupted into tears. 

"Why hello sweet peach," Finley said walking towards me. 

"Don't you dare touch her!" Thomas yelled. 

"Is this the man who attacked her in the park?" Alex asked. I nodded as Alex held me in his arms. 

"C'mon Y/n don't make up stories just to get out of things, you use to do that to get out of doing math when you were eight," my dad said. 

"No you don't understand! He tried to kidnap me! Just look!" I exclaimed, I rolled up my sleeves so you could see the marks where he had grabbed me. 

"C'mon Y/n I have never met you before, but I'm sure you will make a fine wife," Finley said, grabbing my wrist. Alex pushed him off of me and Thomas pulled out the pistol, cocking it and putting his finger on the trigger. 

"Thomas don't pull the trigger, I could charge you for murder," My dad said. 

"George you don't understand, I love your daughter. I love her more than anything. My whole life I've been unhappy because I put my work above my happiness, but I've met someone who I would drop everything for. I don't understand how last week you said it was okay to date her, but now you're furious. I pulled this man off of Y/n as he tried to kidnap her. George you are blinded by your love for Y/n, you want to best life for her and I get that, but forcing her to marry someone isn't the way to do that. I love Y/n more than anything and I refuse to let this scumbag lay a hand on her and if that means I have to pull this trigger I will and who would win in court George, the man who tried to hurt your daughter or the one who protected her?" Thomas yelled. His face in tears. Alex slowly put his hand on Thomas's wrist, forcing him to put down the gun. 

"George I think it's best if you let this man leave. Just from the reaction from Y/n this man did something to her. Y/n's whole life you have told her what and what not to do. Let her date who she wants. I mean I hate Thomas and I'm okay with this relationship. Thomas loves her and Finley wants her for the money and fame that comes with marrying her," Alex said. 

"I honestly don't know what you men are talking about. You guys are trying to attack me because Thomas wants her for the power, I love her," Finley said. 

"You love her? What's her favorite book? What's her favorite color? What's her middle name?" Alex asked. 

"Well Secretary Hamilton I can't answer any of those questions since we haven't met yet," Finley said. He held his hand for me to shake, but I didn't. "I look forward to our life together." That made Thomas explode. He pulled up his gun and shot a bullet into the wall, which scared the living shit out of me. 

"You two will never have a life together!" Thomas screamed. 

"Thomas just put the gun down," My dad said. 

"Ya know what, it's almost December and George said we wouldn't have another meeting until after new years. How about we close down the office until then so we can all let our emotions rest. Thomas and possibly Y/n can go up to Monticello, I can do some digging into Mr. Finley Wolf and George you can calm down," Alex said. 

"Thomas please put the gun down, I don't like guns," I cried. Thomas nodded, taking his finger off the trigger and putting the gun back in his coat pocket. 

"That sounds like a great idea Alex. Y/n you can come by later today and pick up your stuff if you are going to stay with Thomas. You, me, Thomas, and Finley will have a serious conversation after new years. Now Finley lets go," my dad said. Finley followed him out. 

"Y/n are you okay?" Thomas asked, falling to his knees next to Alex and I. 

"Thomas, can I stay at Monticello with you til New Years? Please? Please?" I wailed. 

"Of course kitten," Thomas cooed, "it'll be okay. You're with me now." Alex looked at him with a confused look and said, "kitten, really?" I laughed looking at Thomas's flustered face. 

"Y/n, Alex and I are going to prove that Finley tried to kidnap you. And we will do whatever we need to do to prove it," Thomas said. 

"Thomas you and Y/n relax up at Monticello, I'll do the digging," Alex said. Thomas nodded, grabbing Macbeth and walking me out and helping me into the carriage. 

"What do you need from your dad's house?" Thomas asked. 

"Some clothes, makeup, books, shoes, oh and my horse!" I exclaimed. 

"Well we will have to prepare another carriage for stuff," Thomas said with a laugh, "look Y/n I'm sorry if I scared you by pulling out my gun, I just couldn't let that man hurt you." 

"Thomas it's okay, I just didn't want you to shoot him. He deserves to rot in jail, in there he can die," I said. Thomas pulled me into his lap and kissed the tears off of my face, "Y/n we will go to my house and pack up, then we will go to your house and grab some things, then we will leave for Monticello."