Back to Work

A/n I have no clue why I decided to link the acoustic version of Bad Romance as the header, it's just really good and if you have the time you should listen to it cause it is just so beautiful and it's why I love and look up to Gaga in 3 minutes and 5 seconds. 

It had been a week since Finley had broken into Thomas's office and the police didn't due jack shit. They had told us they had no real reason the note was from Finley and it was probably just some crazy person. Thomas and I of course didn't believe this, but hey maybe they were right. We had figured out that the riddle lead to Portugal, the police were looking into that as well. Today was Thomas's first day back at work since New Years, we also had moved to NYC for the foreseeable future. 

I was laying on the purple, velvet couch in Thomas's office. He was busy at work and I was reading the book of fairy tales he had gotten me for Christmas. 

"Ya know Thomas, I could of stayed home," I said. Thomas looked up at me for the first time all day and said "not while Finley is still out there." He looked back down at his work. I got up and walked behind his desk, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"What are ya workin' on?" I asked. Thomas sighed. I knew he didn't want to be disturbed, but he was so overworked. 

"An essay," he grumbled. 

"On what?" I asked. Thomas did not look happy with me. 

"An essay on why Hamilton's debt plan is stupid, now Y/n could you please leave me alone?" He huffed. He clearly was not very happy. 

"Yes Tommy, I'll leave so you can get some work done," I said, picking up the book. 

"Wait where are you going?" He asked. 

"To see Alexander in his office, come get me when you're ready to go home," I said. I walked out the door to his office and walked down the hall to Alexander's. I knocked on the door. 

"Come in!" He called. I walked in. Alexander was also busy in his work. He smiled when he saw me and motioned for me to sit on his couch. 

"How are you doing?" I asked. 

"Tired," he said, "how are you?" 

"Fine. Look Alexander I never formally thanked you for saving my life," I began, but he cut me off "Y/n, you are like a daughter to me and any father would do anything to protect their daughter." I felt tears forming in my eyes. 

"Do you really consider me a daughter?" I asked, now crying. 

"Of course Y/n, you know how much I love you," He said. I felt myself crying, I was just really happy. Alexander sat down on the couch next to me and pulled me into his arms. God I have the best family. 

I woke up at 2am after another nightmare, I expected to feel Thomas's arms around my waist, whispering soft praises into my ear. He wasn't there. Where was he? I slowly got out of bed and crept down the hall. His office door was open a jar and there was a soft, flickering light coming from it. I slowly opened the door. There was Thomas. His hair was a mess and he looked exhausted. He had probably been up for hours. 

"Tommy," I called up. He quickly turned around. 

"Hey Kitten, did you have another nightmare?" He asked. He looked annoyed. Shit I shouldn't of disturbed him. Now I know how Eliza feels. 

"N-no," I stuttered. I didn't want to bother him, I began to walk out the door. 

"Y/n come here," he said. I turned around and approached him.

"You just blatantly lied to me about not having a nightmare, Y/n I told you no matter what time of day or night if you had a nightmare you could come talk to me, why did you back down?" He asked. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his lap. 

"You just looked really busy and annoyed I didn't want to bother you," I managed to spit out. Thomas began stroking my hair. 

"Y/n I'm sorry, you just caught me off guard and I was annoyed at Hamilton not you," He laughed. I smiled as my head fell into the crook of his neck. Why the fuck does this man always smell like cinnamon? "Do you wanna talk about your nightmare or do you want me to just keep holding you?" 

"Just keep holding me," I whispered. Thomas nodded and began to rub my back. I felt like time had stopped, I just wanted this moment to continue forever. I was in the arms of the love of my life and I didn't want to leave them. His voice was smooth and could calm a storm. 

"Y/n, go back to bed, I'll join you in a minute," he said, beginning to pull away from me. 

"Tommy you said you would join me in bed at 10," I said, "You need sleep to function." Thomas sighed in defeat. He put the cap on his inkwell and then picked me up bridal style, causing me to giggle. 

"Aren't you suppose to do this after the wedding?" I laughed. He smiled at the thought as he blew out the candle. He began carrying me to the bedroom. 

"Usually, but I just wanted to carry you," he said as he placed me down on the bed. I laughed. Thomas lied down next to me and pulled me tightly into his chest. 

"Goodnight Y/n, I love you," He said. 

"Technically wouldn't it be good morning since it's 2 am?" I asked. Thomas laughed, "shut up kitten and go to sleep."

A/n congrats to @Potato221B and @SomeRandomSpaceBean for solving the Finley riddle! I am proud of you both