Drowned?

~A/n Phillipa Soo is so pretty oh my god~ 

~Also this is the 69th chapter...nice~

~Eliza's POV~

"Sir you never told me your name. What's your name?"

"James Reynolds," as soon as he said this I felt a knife pressed against my throat.

"A-A-As in in Maria's husband?!"

"Yes, now if you run I'll slit your throat."

"I won't run sir."

"Good." He walked me to the rivers bank, "any last words Mrs. Hamilton?"

"P-p-please don't kill me. I have children."

"I don't care. Say goodbye Mrs. Hamilton." And with that I was pushed into the fast current of the river. 

~Y/n's POV~ 

I woke up at 6am to the clacking of boots. I slowly opened my eyes. I had some how winded up on Thomas's lap and Susan had some how ended up on mine. I saw two police officers talking to Alexander. 

"Mr. Hamilton where is your wife?" One of the officers snarled. 

"I don't know! She just ran off last night! You haven't told me what's going on! Is my dearest, Betsy alright!" Alexander snarled. 

"She didn't come home last night Mr. Hamilton," the other officer said. I gasped, causing Thomas to stir awake. 

"What do you mean she never came home?!" 

"President Washington went to check on your wife and kids this morning only to find your wife wasn't home and your eldest son Philip reported she never came home." 

"What! Why aren't you out there looking for her!" 

"Mr. Hamilton is it true you got Mrs. Reynolds pregnant and she had a miscarriage?" 

"What-how did you?" 

"The gossip in New York City is insidious." 

"Alright fine I got her pregnant, but it was an accident!" 

"I'm sure she wasn't happy about it. If she filed for divorce she could of gotten everything, your kids, your house, your fortune. Did you maybe kill her to stop this?" 

"What! What no! I would never harm my Betsy!" Alexander yelled, causing Susan to wake. 

"Mr. Hamilton are you aware how it looks? It looks like you murdered your wife." 

"I didn't! Betsy is my everything! How dare you even imply that!" Alexander approached the officers, hands clenched into fists. 

"Alexander don't!" I yelled. Alexander unclenched his fists.

"Mr. Hamilton, a letter addressed to you showed up in our mailbox," a doctor said. Hamilton ripped the letter open and read it aloud... 

Her last words were "please don't kill me. I have children." 

---James Reynolds

I gasped, Thomas and the police officers jaws dropped, and Alexander started sobbing. 

"What do you mean her last words! You're police officers, you need to look into this!" Alexander waved the letter in front of the cops faces. The taller officer snatched it from him. 

"We'll look into it Mr. Hamilton and further our man hunt for Mr. Reynolds." 

"You better! He could be in Albany by now!" Alexander yelled, tears still streaming down his face.