Chapter 20

Same day, Night

Manik and Nandini were laying in each other's arms.

(Their position, on the bed with Manik caressing her hairs)

There was comfortable silent around them. It was peaceful and they both were enjoying it until Manik asked her a question which she wanted to avoid.

Manik: (softly) Nandini, Why did you take those periods delay medicines?

She tighten his hold around him and he sighed.

Manik: (softly) Btao

Nandini: (still in the same position) Voh, I had to

Although he had an idea why did she take those but still he wanted to listen it from her.

Manik: (frown) You told me this before also. Now tell me what made you take those pills. You are doctor so you must be aware of the side effects too but still you played with your health like this.

Nandini: (slowly) Manik, If I hadn't taken medicines than I would have get these periods a day before our wedding. So to avoid it I had to take it.

He sighed and made her look at him.

Manik: and why would you want to avoid it?

Nandini: (looking down) Couples consumate their marriage on their wedding night. So I thought we will also do..

She looked at down and he sighed audibly.

Manik: Total Rubbish! That's not the way you play with your health. Do you even know how much bad I felt seeing your condition yesterday.

Nandini: It is okay, Manik

Manik: No it is not okay. (stern) Promise me you will never take those pills again..atleast not before asking me.

Nandini: (sigh) okay! Now can I lay down on my bed?

He again frowned and she shaked her head in disbelief. Slowly she got back into her previous position and he stilled.

Manik: Bed?

Nandini: Yes..my personal bed! Only reserved for me!

He smiled and caressed her hairs while she just smiled beautifully which he could feel as her lips were touching his neck.

Manik: Nandini, do you want to stay here more?

Nandini: No! I want to go back. (breaking the hug) You know I am missing everyone there!

Seeing her whining to see their families, he smiled. What more could he ask from God?

Manik: Toh we will go back tomorrow and spend today here itself. Okay?

Nandini nodded and layed down on his chest while he patted her head.

It was a week to their wedding and Manik was glad that she was comfortable with him now, infact a lot now. He just wished her to be the same even in Mumbai. He didn't want her to change and be shy there.