Chapter 40

I have found my peace i.e. Writing. So here I am with a new update...

-------

Malhotra Mansion

Manik and Nandini reached home at the same time. They entered inside together and as usual Nandini hugged Niyonika.

Manik smiled at them and settled on the couch. The servant brought water for them.

Niyonika: Manik, Nandini, freshen up. I have a good news to share.

Hearing good news their faces carried a smile. It felt like happiness returning to them after ages.

However, Nandini nodded and they walked upstairs.

After half an hour they came down and found Raj sitting there with Cabir and Mukti.

Greeting him, Nandini moved to the kitchen to help Niyonika while Manik moved to the couch.

They were conversing about Abhi's matter and Mukti was completing her college assignment.

Soon dinner was arranged and they sat on the dining table. The family had dinner silently and than one by one all settled in the living area.

But this time Manik moved to Nandini instead of Niyonika and layed down on her lap.

Niyonika frowned on this slightly but it changed into a smile as she felt Cabir laying down.

Manik: Maa, Kya good news bol rahe the aap?

Niyonika: (happy) Manik, Aliya is expecting. Your bua called today.

Mukti: (excited) Matlab ghar mei chotu baby aane vala hai?

Raj: Haha this is such a good news.

Manik: Dhruv will be so happy na. He has always wanted this happiness since they married.

Niyonika: Haan bache ki khushi hi aur hoti hai.

Manik smiled looking at Nandini who was already looking at him. She blushed sliding her hair behind her ear and he bite his lower lip inorder to control his smile.

Their little moment was broken by Cabir who was very nervous.

Cabir: Mom, Dad, even I have to share something.

Seeing him nervous they were confused.

Raj: Cabir, Anything serious?

Cabir shooked his head and than clasped his hands in nervousness and than again unclasped them.

Cabir: Voh.. I and Navya..we have decided to get married.

All were shocked but soon Mukti jumped in happiness. She was so fond of weddings.

Raj: (composing himself) Shaadi? But you said you people wanted time?

Cabir: Yes (hesitate) but...we want to marry now.

Niyonika: But we just had Manik and Nandini's marriage half a month ago. And yours so soon?

Manik: But Maa if they want to marry than what is the problem?

Niyonika: There's no problem, Manik but as parents, we want to marry Mukti before Cabir.

Manik frowned as he sat on the couch beside Nandini.

Manik: Marry her? Maa she is just 21!

Mukti was silent and her eyes had tears thinking they will marry her so soon.

Nandini: yes Maa, I also feel she is very young.

Raj: We know, we aren't saying we will marry her today. It is just, we can't get Cabir marry before Mukti.