Chapter 43

When I started this story, I didn't even imagine I will get such a huge response. With every update I get more scared, like what if I disappointed you guys? But than your response proves me wrong.

Getting so much love was a dream for me. Thankyou for completing it guys. Thankyou so much. I am feeling so emotional😭 I love you all...Kasam se!!

---------

Next Day, Malhotra Mansion

Manik and Nandini walked inside the mansion with Nandini holding his arm.

They were met with both of their families who were relived seeing Manik safe and sound.

Raj: Nandini, Beta take him to your room.

He said softly and Nandini nodded since he really needed rest for a few days.

She walked to their room and tucked him in the bed. Placing a soft kiss on his forehead she moved downstairs.

As she came down she saw her family leaving but Niyonika and Raj asking them to stay.

At the end they left saying they will come some other time. Now only Malhotra's were left there.

Cabir and Mukti left to their rooms while Nandini looked at Niyonika with a slight frown.

Nandini: Maa-

She took a step forward but stopped as she saw Niyonika walking to her room. She looked at Raj with a sad smile and he smiled in return.

Raj: Don't worry she is just worried about Manik. I will talk to her.

Nandini nodded as Raj patted her head like a father.

Raj: Do one thing, make tea for everyone and even some snacks.

Nandini nodded again walking to the kitchen while Raj sighed walking to his room.

Raj and Niyonika's Room

Raj entered inside and sighed seeing his wife folding the clothes with a blank face.

Raj: Niyo!

She gave him a look and than closed the cupboard with a loud sound. She was about to move inside the washroom but he backhugged her.

Niyonika: Raj, Chodiye Mujhe!

She wriggled but he only tightened his hold more.

Raj: (stern) Stop!

She stopped and he left her. He made her sit on the bed and sat beside her.

Raj: Kya hua hai? Kya kiya hai Nandini ne?

Niyonika: (avoiding eye contact) I don't even know what are you talking about, Raj.

Raj: You know, you very well know I am talking about your behaviour with Nandini. Are you by any chance blaming her for Manik's accident?

Niyonika: No!

Raj: Than?

Niyonika was silent for a minute and seeing this he held her face and asked again.

Niyonika: He is drifting away, Raj. He is changing. Mera bacha badal gaya hai. Aapne dekha nahi he doesn't even lay down on my lap anymore.

Raj: (sigh) Who filled this in your head?

Niyonika tried getting up but he held her hand.

Raj: Tell me

Niyonika: No one said, Raj. I feel it.