C.28

it was suffocating for her. the darkness looming inside her room. she couldn't sleep. afraid that the same dream as last night appeared again. she was scared. not because hwiyoung killed her- but because haechan died right in front of her eyes.

she feared that her dream will soon became the reality. she don't sleep- not wanting the dream to hunt her. yoonhwa didn't know what to do. she was quite frustrated. she can't keep her minds off of some things.

did she accidentally do something that made haechan really mad at her? she felt guilty for some reason.

yoonhwa crawled out from her bed took her hoodie and wore it before she went out of her room. it was quiet. it's almost three in the morning so everyone must've fell asleep already.

she went to the back entrance of the house slowly pushing the door. she's not that stupid to wander around out of the headquarters so there she was. in the back garden.

there were lights around the area so it wasn't dark. yoonhwa strides to the two white swings near where the roses were and sat there.

the night breeze brushed against her skin. her grip on the swing tightened as she closed her eyes. she was feeling cold but it was quite nice. she pushed herself, the swing moved front to back but not too fast.

yoonhwa abruptly stopped when she heard footsteps. her body froze and she stayed quiet for almost a minute but nothing came. shaking her head thinking that it may be her imagination she swung her legs like a kid. her feet couldn't touch the ground.

"what are you doing here?" she let out a yelp when a voice suddenly appeared right beside her. yoonhwa turned to look at it and saw him staring down at her with his blank eyes.

"oh.. it's you" she averted her gaze somewhere else. her hands still gripping the chain that connected the swing. he raised his left eyebrow.

"what. you're expecting someone else?" he asked bluntly. yoonhwa shook her head. "no.. i'm not expecting anyone" her voice was soft.

"then why are you here?" he took the second swing next to her. his eyes trained on her side profile.

"i can't sleep" she stated. he didn't say anything and just stared her. "did i do something wrong that you're mad-"

"are we friends?" yoonhwa turned to look him her eyebrows furrowing a bit. "are we not friends then?"

"can you just answer the damn question?"

yoonhwa gulped and looked away the image from her dream appeared in her mind. she fiddled with her fingers and sighed.

"i- don't know.. can i be your friend?"

"no" she bit her lower lip. he answered too fast. she managed a small smile and slowly nodded her head. "i guess i'm not worth-"

"no! it's not that" he interrupted her. her shoulders jumped when his voice raised an octave. haechan pursed his lips- his dark brown eyes met with hers. she looked kind of confused.

"you shouldn't be friends with me, yoonhwa. you're.. innocent, i might-" he stopped himself from continuing. haechan ran his fingers through his hair and heaved a deep sigh.

she was watching him silently not knowing what to say. "i'll just go" yoonhwa stood up and was about walk away. without thinking haechan quickly grabbed her wrist pulling her towards him.

she stumbled forward and haechan's arm wrapped around her small waist preventing her from falling. she held her breath and her eyes widened in shock. their faces was a few inches apart.

haechan got lost in her eyes. the vanilla scent of her shampoo calmed him down for some reason. the weird feeling washed all over him.

yoonhwa's breath hitched and she could feel heat rushing up to her cheeks. she swear she could even hear her own heart beating loudly and in a fast pace.

"h-hyuck"

"oh shit" he let her go and took a few steps back making some space between them. haechan stared her who was refusing any eye contact.

"yoonhwa" he broke the silence between them. when she looked back at him she wasn't ready with his intense gaze. he had an unreadable expression on his face.

"don't go" he mentally slapped himself. he didn't mean to say it out loud- but it was actually the truth. he was getting confused with himself.

"w-what?" she was a bit bewildered. "but didn't you said that you can't stand my presence?" haechan raised his head up to look at the night sky. there were no stars. the moon was covered by the thick clouds.

"i was angry at that time what do you expect me to-" he sighed and shook his head. "forget it"

"i don't understand why you're acting like this. if you hated me then just say it-"

"i don't hate you!" he cutted her off. haechan was clenching both of his fists tight.

"i just can't" he mumbled to himself.