Making them see...

Austin’s P.O.V

I watched Taylor sweep out of view before the discussion continued as before me proclaiming that the child wasn’t mine and my parents saying adoption, adoption, adoption. Then the stairs creaked and I looked at the clock, Taylor had been gone for almost half an hour. She came back down with what looked like a rolled up blanket but it was the baby. None of us knew its name, gender or how old it was. Taylor just stood there looking at us then she said she found a note from Sammy. Who had been my girlfriend for all of a month she used me. Taylor then said the baby was a girl and she was five weeks old to which I mentally cheered because I dated Sammy two years ago so the baby wasn’t mine. I watched Taylor sit down beside me and for the first time I was a little surprised. Taylor was a maternal person but she was attached already and everyone could see that. “Taylor we discussed it and the baby is going up for adoption, tomorrow.” I was a little nervous but Taylor just looked at me and smiled. “Yes that’s okay. I’m leaving tomorrow anyway.”
“Why honey, you just got here.” Mom looked a little disappointed but I could tell Taylor had something up her sleeve. “Yeah I have some shopping to do then I need to go and see someone.” I immediately understood what she was going to do and to be honest it didn’t shock me but even so.
“Taylor. You can’t be serious. After everything you have done for this career.” I asked knowing full well what she had planned for tomorrow. “Yes Austin I’m serious.” Mom and Dad were staring at us expecting an explanation, I saw Taylor look as if to say ‘Shut-up Austin. I know what I’m doing.”

Andrea’s P.O.V

Seeing Taylor standing at the lounge door, holding the baby was a sweet moment that was ruined when Austin decided to open his mouth. I had always imagined Taylor as a mother and I knew with her career that it could fall by the wayside. She was already twenty four was releasing her new album ‘1989’ in three weeks-time so she would be busy soon. Then I watched as Austin and Taylor began to have a conversation that I couldn’t follow then Taylor shot Austin her look and Austin shut up instantly. Looking at me and his father he then looked at Taylor who was infatuated by the small infant in her arms. “Taylor honey, where are you going tomorrow?” She looked at me and I instantly knew and without meaning to my heart burst with pride. Taylor moved uncomfortably as she knew I had just figured it out. “It’s okay honey. I get you. It’s your life and you live it how you want to okay?”
“Yes mom I understand and I want this. Will you support me.”
“Of course we will honey but you need to get a lot of things…” Taylor looked up and flashed me a smile and said, “Will you come with me?”
“Of course I will honey. Do you want to go now while everything is still open?” Taylor looked down and said yes. I motioned towards the baby and said “Leave her here with her soon to be granddad and Uncle Austin.” I watched as Scott and Austin’s faces lit up then Scott said to Taylor how proud he was of her. They had always been close and they shared the same imaginative ideas and creative side that Austin and I simply didn’t have.