Shopping Up A Storm

Taylor’s P.O.V

I sat on the couch and watched her sleep, she was so cute. Her little button nose and small links of blonde on her head made me smile. I carefully stood and listened to my dad tell me how proud of me he is and also heard my mum call him granddad and I then looked at the clock. 4.36pm we had to go shops closed at 6.00pm and we had a mountain of stuff to get. I took her upstairs carefully and put her in the capsule then brought it back downstairs with the dummy and rattle bear and put them by the couch then saw mom by the door and stood and hugged Austin and Dad then I left after grabbing my purse. Mom was driving so I could make a list. I sat in the passenger seat and mom reached over and hugged me and whispered “Thank you I really didn’t want the baby to be adopted. I loved her when I saw her and I knew you would’ve loved the baby too. Which you did and you do. Oh my baby is becoming a mommy.”
“Yeah I am mom, but usually you get all the stuff I need over the nine month period but I’m going to be doing it in an hour. I think it’s possible. So list time.”

I then began to make a list on a notepad lying on the floor I started with big ticket items. ‘Two bedroom sets, Two car seats, One capsule, two prams, two swinging seats, six sets of sheets, six blanket sets, two crib detailing’s, two mobiles…’ I began to rattle off all of the things that I would need then I stopped. We had arrived and mom and I rushed towards the baby furniture place that was called ‘Safe Haven’ I went inside and we split the list, mom went to the prams and swinging seats and I went to the cribs, changing tables, linen and mobiles then I also grabbed the capsule and car seats. I walked around and an assistant came over to me, “OMG you’re Taylor Swift…OMG.”
“Hey, I’m guessing you’re a fan?” I asked slightly giggling because of my happiness.
“OMG am I ever, wait…” she eyed me curiously “what are you doing in a baby shop?”
“Well can you keep a secret?” the assistant’s eyes twinkled as she nodded. “Okay well I’m adopting a little girl and it has happened suddenly so I need everything like now.” Then the assistant began to giggle and composed herself. “Well Safe Haven is the place to be. Come on I’ll help you shop if you want.”
“Sure that would be great.”

Just like that I met someone who was interested in my life that I knew I could trust with this secret. I wanted privacy for a while. The assistant, whose name was Kayla helped out a lot and arranged for everything to be delivered, eventually I ended up with a white crib and matching change table for my apartment and I got a dark wood set for my parent’s house. I didn’t buy a highchair because she didn’t need it but I got a new pink and purple car seat, bouncy seat that was yellow, linen for my parents which was Winnie the Pooh and colourful circles for my apartment plus blankets one of them was an owl one that would be going to my apartment since I loved it. Then I also grabbed a baby bath and at the last minute a capsule that was pale pink with white polka dots. Meeting my mom at the checkout everything was rung up and was only $4,067 dollars which I didn’t think was bad considering I got a double crib set. They let us take the dark set from the floor and they had it and everything delivered to mom and dad’s house and it left after everything was loaded. Dad and Austin were called so they knew it was coming. Then I looked at mom and she looked at me and we walked inside ‘Kids Apparel’ and began to shop up a storm.

The amount of clothing that we left in the shop shocked me, all the pretty little jumper suits, onesies, tiny t-shirts and dresses which were all adorable. I went a little crazy while my mom went all serious and got lots and lots of nappies, wipes and baby products such as oils, shampoo’s and baby powder. Checking the time it was 5.33pm and we still needed to go to the supermarket to get formula and bottles. By the time we had everything done moms car was chocker full of stuff, nappies and clothing was everywhere and even three tiny pacifiers were floating around the car. I called Austin to see how everything was going. “Hey Austin, how’s it going? Did the truck arrive?”
“Hey Tay, yeah it arrived we put the dark wood crib and change table in your room and moved out some of your old stuff so that she has space too, we put the little draws in there too for her clothing and I am just about to take the other stuff to your apartment. Dad is watching her, well she is watching dad while he makes funny faces and smiles,” I smile and grin while mom watches me. “That sounds great, hey the other furniture, can you just roughly set it up in the room next to mine by the bathroom. It’s the one with the bay window. Its empty right now.”
“Sure thing, I’m going to get a mate to meet me there and help me since dad cant.” I begin to answer quickly. “We are nearly home if you wait about two minutes we will be there then you can take dad with you.” Austin breathes a sigh of relief down the phone and then says in a sincere voice, “You’re amazing Tay, sure I will wait. Hurry home I think she misses you…” I grin. ‘Not as much as I miss her.’ I thought to myself. “Cool see you soon Austin, we are pulling in now.” Then I see him and throw myself into his hug.

Andrea’s P.O.V

Taylor had shocked me to the core today. I knew she wanted children eventually but this way…Oh well it wasn’t my choice and the baby was certainly cute. I put it up in Taylor’s room whilst secretly hoping Taylor would come home and make us adopt it. I didn’t think she would be the one to do it but she is and she will be amazing. The stores took a huge hit from one Taylor Swift buying up many baby products. I don’t think that any paparazzi saw her, one fan did then they helped her shop.

Now stepping out of the car, I grabbed a few bags and started to carry them up. Taylor came back to help but I waved her away. “I can carry some bags. Go bond with your soon to be daughter.”
“Okay mom.” Was Taylor’s small reply, I watched her go into the house and a few minutes later Scott came out complaining about him not being able to settle the baby but when Taylor took her she settled straight away. I smiled, yes I always knew that my baby was destined for greatness but also being a mother. Now she was both a great artist and songwriter and now a mother to a five week old girl. I shushed Scott and set him off with Austin.