Letting him in

Taylor’s P.O.V

I was shaking but I don’t think Louis could see it, we had just arrived in the apartment garage and I parked the car, he sat there and then looked at me. He leant over the console and kissed me on the cheek, and then he got out and grabbed the diaper bag and his duffle while I got Mia out. ‘Beep, beep’ went the truck as I locked it and taking Louis’s free hand I led him to the elevators and we rode to floor 23 which was the penthouse where I lived. With my security guys in a little apartment across from me which was perfect. Getting out I led him to the plain white door to my apartment, turning the key in the lock I watched as Louis went inside and politely set the diaper bag on the floor near the door and his duffle bag beside it. There was no throwing it down, it was all polite then he turned to me, grinning he held out his arms. “Let me meet your baby Miss Swift.” I giggled and handed Mia to him carefully, I watched as he settled himself with her resting in his arms, he gently began to rock her and after a few minutes Mia fell asleep. I picked up the diaper bag and Louis’s bag even though he complained but I told him; “You’re currently busy so follow me…” He came over and pecked my cheek and then followed me upstairs to the nursery where he made a beeline for the crib and tucked Mia in then came back to the door near the changing table and picked up the duffle bag I had dropped. I saw him watching me out of the corner of my eye as I unpacked the extra outfit and diapers then put the bag in the built in wardrobe, tucking hair behind my ears I felt his breath on the nape of my neck his hands came around my waist and pulled me backwards so I leant my head onto his chest and he pecked my cheek. Turning I pulled him in for a kiss which he happily gave me, then I took his hand and led him next door to my room. Taking the bag from his hand I put it in my walk in wardrobe and turned to find him sitting on the bed petting Olivia and Meredith. I smiled widely and walked over to him. Sitting down I said in a serious voice, “Louis we have to talk.”
“Okay.” He mumbled weakly.

Louis’s P.O.V

‘Oh no she already wants to talk to me, what have I done?’ I turned to face her and she did the same then I motioned for her to talk, “I guess I’m a little confused. You love me?”
“Of course I love you Taylor. How could I not? Successful, beautiful and caring, what’s not to like?” I watched her begin to mumble a response but I quickly added. “Look at me Taylor,” she did and I continued with, “I know you have been hurt before but I’m never going to do that to you. We have been friends for a long time and I guess I began to like, like you at the start of June at the iHeart Radio gig, but I never thought you could see me like that…” Then I faltered and I felt Taylor slide her hand into mine. “I’m always going to love you Louis and when you kissed me spontaneously at the airport I realised that you’re nothing like any of the people I have dated, you like me for me and not for my life or job. I just never knew if you felt the same way I did, so I stayed quiet but I love you.” Turning to face her I cupped her delicate face in my hands and leant in, then she leant in and our lips met for the third or fourth time that day. Vanilla and caramel latte flooded my mouth as our tongues fought for dominance which I eventually won. Deepening the kiss we ended up lying on the bed, her beneath me while I supported myself using my hands.

A cry from my left shook me from our make-out session, Taylor moved abruptly and disappeared out of the room as I lay back and glanced at the room I was in, pretty in pale white. Yellow flecks came through the duvet and the striped curtains. Then Taylor’s voice came through the room, “Like what you see Tomlinson?” I whipped my head around and found Taylor cradling a whimpering Mia in her arms, I nodded my head and said, “Join me?” she nodded and came back to the bed where she settled Mia between her legs and I took the multi-coloured circles blanket and laid it down then picked up Mia carefully before swaddling her and handing her to Taylor. She looked at me and said, “How did you do that so fast?” I smiled at her and pulled out my phone, finding pictures of my family I said, “Meet Felicity, Charlotte, Georgia, Daisy, Phoebe, Doris and Ernie my brother and sisters, I can safely say I’m good with babies, feeding, burping, bathing, dressing and diapers.” I watched as Taylor smiled awestruck then her phone began to ring. She looked at Mia and said “Can you take her? Bottles are downstairs water is already done in the fridge, formula in the cupboard above the fridge.”
“I got this Taylor, get your call. We will be downstairs.”