It Will Be Okay

Andrea’s P.O.V

To say that Scott and I were disappointed would be a huge understatement. Taylor was our only daughter and we knew how much she loved Mia and how much she wanted this child. Ever since Christmas when she was six weeks pregnant you could see the excitement when we talked about it in person or her voice bubbled on the phone and now all we were praying for is that Louis and her find the strength to live with it. I know there will be a future baby in the mix sometime, but I also know that they will need time to grieve their loss and deal with police.

Jo’s P.O.V

It’s been three days since Louis called me to say Taylor had been rushed to hospital, he told me that they didn’t know what would happen so Dan and I rushed to Nashville anyway. We needed to be there even if it was just to help with Mia or support them. Leaving our kids with relatives we arrived to Louis telling us she had miscarried. I watched as the son who was strong and brave before Christmas crumbled as his first child died, we discussed Harry and Louis broke again, he gave us the keys to the apartment and said that Scott and Andrea were with Mia but if we could look after her he would appreciate it. I thought back to him sighing and standing before rushing back to Taylor. Glancing at Dan we hugged and made our way to their apartment meeting Andrea and Scott trying desperately to console a screaming Mia who took one look at me and stopped. “Oh thank god you’re here. How are you Jo?” Andrea asked me as I sat with Mia.
“In complete and utter shock, I still can’t believe it. I’ve known Harry since X-Factor and I can’t believe that he would hit a woman, much less Taylor…” I carried on as Andrea shook her head and burst into tears. I hastily gave Mia to Dan who had turned to leave as I pulled Andrea into my arms whispering, “Its’ okay, let it go Andrea. We will get through this.” She still cried.

 Three days past and one morning I woke to find a note from Andrea and Scott;

Dear Jo and Dan,
We can’t be here in Nashville right now. We need time to process everything.
Please take care of Mia until Louis and Taylor return home. Hopefully it’s soon.
Louis is aware that we are leaving and so is Taylor. Please don’t hate us we just need time.

Love Andrea and Scott

To say that I wasn’t shocked would be lying to me as I hugged Dan my phone rang and to my surprise it was Taylor. “Hey sweetie, how are you today?”
“Still upset but I think I’m getting there. Can you do me a favor?” I paused waiting for her to continue and when she didn’t I said. “Of course what do you need.”
“My daughter and mother in-law,” I felt my heart warm and break all at once.
“Of course I’ll be there in fifteen.” After saying goodbye I had Dan call Louis and see where he was without telling details. He was at the Police Station and said Taylor and he were doing better and had agreed to try for another baby when they felt it was time or when something happened.

Taylor’s P.O.V

I awoke early today, the brightness of the hospital room met my eyes as the lines blurred, I reached for my glasses that were nearby and brushed over a note that Louis had scribbled on:

Morning Taylor
Went to Police Station to talk to Sargent and see if they are pressing charges.
Will see you when I’m back I Love You.

- Louis

I smiled as I read the note, sure the past few days hadn’t been easy but I wasn’t about to kneel over and let it get to me, I still had Mia and she is more than some people get in a lifetime. I rang Jo and asked if she could bring Mia in and if I could see her too. Twenty minutes later a knock brought me back to reality, I said ‘Come in’ and was met with Jo holding Mia’s capsule. I gingerly got out of bed since I was able to now and as Jo lowered Mia onto the bed I hugged her close. “Hey there sweetie, it’s okay. Just breathe.” Sobs wracked my body as I let go of everything I was feeling at once.
“It hurts so much Jo; I just want everything to go back to normal. I want to go home, kiss Mia, hug Louis and have a life again but instead I’m here, Louis is a mess, my parents have left and Mia doesn’t have her mom around.” I took a deep breath and controlled myself before she pressed her lips to my forehead just like I needed my mom to. “It will be okay Taylor, maybe not now but one day it will be okay. But for now look who came to see mommy…” Just like that Jo turned the worst week of my life into a blur as she handed me Mia who grabbed my nose and snuggled into me. It was as though Mia knew exactly what I needed and I felt better. Three hours later as I bid Jo and Mia goodbye the nurse arrived to say that I could go home, turning to Jo she said; “Well lets go home Taylor, I reckon a night at home will do you good.” I nodded and smiled the first real smile in nearly a week.

Arriving home I was met by Louis at the door, “Welcome home love, I missed you.” I wandered inside and was greeted by Meredith and Olivia. “Hey pretty girls.” They meowed at me and I sat down while Louis brought me Mia to snuggle with. Without me noticing it Jo brought in a bottle and as I fed Mia I felt the past few days slip away, Louis and I had agreed not to discuss the Harry situation, he was getting charged with aggravated assault causing harm but neither I nor Louis wanted to see him. Magazines had begun speculation and my publicist had sent out a report to all radio, magazine and chat shows that on the 18th of February 2015 I miscarried a child at thirteen weeks pregnant through assault. We said no more than that as people drew lines between Harry’s sentence and my announcement. Notifications fluttered through Twitter and Instagram, words of comfort and prayers and no hate.