Adapting to Change

Louis’s P.O.V

‘Taylor wants to try now…Oh well I love Mia why not another one?’ I was busy thinking everything over that when Taylor went to move I was snapped back to reality. “Do you want this babe?”
“Why not Lou, we are getting married. Shouldn’t we?” I was brought back to reality.
“No I don’t think so right now. I mean I’d love to but your tour, Mia, the wedding. I’m not sure if it’s the right time for you.” Taylor nodded and smiled. That was when I realised she had tricked me.
“Oh my god you are the perfect fiancé, you never pushing for sex, I just pretty much told you I was here and ready and you said no, that we have other things to do first and I agree with you.” I nodded at her and kissed her before letting her go back downstairs to get lunch ready and it hit me that ‘I really love her. I can’t wait to show her off in Doncaster.’ Once she left the room I decided to call my mum, she picked up after the first three rings. “Hi Lou, how’s it going?”
“It was going great until an hour ago.” I sighed into the phone.
“Oh my, what’s wrong Lou? Did she say no?” I shook my head and answered with a
“No mom, Taylor said ‘Yes’ we are getting married and you will have a granddaughter but I had a meeting with the band this morning…” I heard mum gasp and then she said;
“Oh my god yay! A daughter in-law then what’s gone wrong?”
“Mum, I’ve left One Direction. Harry wanted me out and I need and want to grow up. I don’t want Taylor’s name dragged through the mud anymore. She will be my wife and Mia is already my daughter and I don’t want to be apart from them.” I was glad that Taylor had driven us to the courthouse so we could sign new forms as joint parents of Mia. She asked what would happen once we got married and the clerk told us that it automatically changed over. “Oh Louis, I know you loved the music but hated the travel, I admit I was nervous to find you proposing to Taylor when you are both so busy but I’m pleased you can see the positive side where you will be able to get married and  set your life to where she is going. Plus you will be an excellent road husband and father.” I smiled at my mum’s comments.  “Damn straight I will mum. I am so excited to bring Mia and Tay to Doncaster in a week and a bit. Do you have a crib that we can use for Mia or do you need us to bring Mia’s one from the tour bus or the plane?”
“Louis William Tomlinson when we get off this phone I will send you a picture of what your room looks like, we are very excited to have you visit and to see Taylor again after so long and to meet Mia. The crib is set up and I think you will like your time here. Okay. But I have to go get Lottie from football.”
“Okay mum, thanks for listening to me. Please tell everyone else and Doncaster if you want, the magazines will go crazy over it.” We continued to talk for another minute or so before I went downstairs to find Taylor feeding Mia her bottle and watching Grey’s Anatomy with Meredith at her feet and Olivia by her side. Grinning I went to join them and watched as Mia’s blue eyes flickered to mine and I got the chills. They matched Taylor’s and it was amazing to watch Mia even had the beginnings of blonde hair. Turning to Taylor I said, “Mum has everything ready for us even down to a crib for Mia so we only need to take her owl blanket and the circle one but Mum has everything else.” She smiled and nodded at me before turning back to T.V and glancing down at Mia every once in a while. I smiled, this was the peace I wanted but it was also the life I wanted with my soon to be wife and daughter.