Birthdays and Phone Calls...

August 26th September 2015

Taylor’s P.O.V

We were just about to start rehearsals for the last night at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles when my mom ran over to me in a panic. Her eyes were red like she had been crying and then I realised that she was shaking. “Mom calm down, are you okay? Are Lou and Mia okay? Dad? Austin?” She nodded to all of them so then I motioned for her to share. “I just heard that all of the Australian stops sold out and all in under three minutes each. Sydney sold out in two minutes, Brisbane was one minute, Adelaide was two and a half minutes and Melbourne was fifty seven seconds so I had to tell you…” I didn’t even let her finish, “Are you serious, sold out. Like done the tour is sold out completely?” She nodded at me then threw her arms around me. “Sold out baby, five sold out tours.” I was in awe. Turning to face my back-up singers I screamed. “SOLD OUT TOUR NUMBER FIVE…” As they began to celebrate by jumping up and down and screaming ‘SOLD OUT’ as loudly as they could. I then fumbled for my phone to call Louis, he answered and was whispering “Hey Taylor…you okay?”
“Yeah I’m great babe, we just sold out Australia in under three minutes for each venue. Melbourne sold in fifty seven seconds. Can you believe it?”
“Wow, fifty seven seconds. Do you want me to bring Mia and we can celebrate?” I thought about it and glanced at my watch, knowing that he had just put her down. Hence him whispering like the wind on a summer night in Nashville. “No let Mia sleep. Celebrate after the show…”
“You got it honey. I’ll bring Mia in early and she can give you a kiss.” I smiled at the prospect. She loved giving kisses now and even our cats Meredith and Olivia got them too. I laughed and hung up the phone and we got back to business.

Six hours later the bus was gently rolling as we had to travel to San Diego for a show on the 29th of August then we were flying home to Nashville that night so we could celebrate Mia’s first birthday at home where everyone was coming in. From Ed Sheeran to my parents the list was long and I needed to re-write it so later that night when Mia was sound asleep on Louis I took a quick picture then grabbed a pen and an piece of paper and settled at the table in the living area. My mom was on the bus with us too, she had Ed’s room from the RED Tour while Mia stayed with us. As I sat there I glanced around the bus that had been my home away from home for nearly ten years, old pictures had been replaced by new ones of Mia and Louis but the colours hadn’t changed nor the layout. Smiling I began to list names; ‘Abigail Anderson, Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield, Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Jennifer Lawrence, Demi Lovato, Kellie Pickler, Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher, Austin, Mom, Dad, Jo, Dan, Felicity, Charlotte, Georgia, Daisy, Phoebe, Doris and Ernie.’ Polishing off the list I mentally checked it making sure I had everyone and I did. Feeling the bus lurch a little I decided I would go back to bed.

Carefully standing I made my way back to bed where Mia was awake and Louis still asleep. I carefully lifted Mia and took her out to get her a bottle and when she had finished it I changed her diaper and we got back into bed, this time she laid on me.

Louis’s P.O.V

Sunlight streaming in from the windows woke me in a daze, glancing around I found the most beautiful sight I have ever seen, Taylor fast asleep with Mia on her chest, still balling her fists up like she did when she was a few months old. I can’t believe that she is turning one in a few days. I keep remembering her first’s that I had with her. Including; changing nappies, dressing, feeding, burping, vomiting and singing not to mention the time that Taylor caught Mia saying ‘bub, bub, bub’ and promptly woke me up just to tell me. Looking down I couldn’t help but smile, they were almost a perfect match, blue eyes and blonde hair. I loved them both so much. Getting up from bed I made my way to the smaller kitchen area and started eggs and sausages for breakfast then my phone rang. “UNKNOWN  NUMBER” flashed across my screen but I answered it anyway. Wishing I hadn’t the minute I heard the voice on the other end.