Chap 5: Nice to meet you

In the last chapter~

Unknown POV

After it fell, I heard little snickers and giggles from the girl.

"Um, sir?" she asked as she lifted the tub off my face. "Are you ok?"

Back to the present

"Depends." I smiled. "What flavor is it?"

She wiped her finger along the rim of the busted tub and licked it. "Mmm, " she hummed. "Cookie dough!"

"Oh then I'm fantastic! " I licked my lips. "I only want a taste, " I joked as she laughed.

"Sorry about that, I should've asked for help, " she apologized.

"Not a problem, I was looking forward to getting ice cream all over my face, " I smiled widely. "At least you got your ice cream," I nodded my head to the tub of mint and chip in her arms. "That's all that matters, right?" I inquired while she just laughed.

"Of course, " she replied.

"What the hell?!" a lady screamed.

We turned our heads to look at the now fuming blonde employee from the counter coming towards us.

I realized I was still holding onto the girl so I set her down.

"Oh yes, hi, " the girl started. "This was totally an accident and it is all my fault I'm very sorry-"

"Your gonna pay for this right?" the employee interrupted.

Wow, rude much?

"Y-yes, of course. How much?" She answered unaffected, taking out her wallet.

"$40, please" the employee answered, crossing her arms.

What?

I looked around at the damage that was done. There were only a few pints that fell. None of them were even damaged or busted. The only one that was busted was the one that fell on my face!

The worst part about this was the fact that the girl was taking out 40 dollars.

Before she could hand the money over, I reached over and pulled her hand back.

"Excuse me miss, " I spoke with a gentle voice, the employee automatically stopped glaring and started blushing.

"This is all just an accident, " I smirked. "I hope you can look this over and let my client go. Please take my number and feel free to call me for whatever it is you need as compensation. My name is Peter" I winked.

The employee eagerly accepted and out of the corner of my eye I could see the girl behind me gaping at me with wide eyes.

After I gave her the number I took the girl's hand and flashed my best smile, "Well if you will excuse us, we must head out." The employee smiled back and waved.

"Wow, that was so cool. Thank you!" she laughed when we got out of the store

"Of course, " I nodded. She laughed even harder. "But in all reality, I just gave her a number to a pizza place I know, " I answered hurriedly.

...

Why did I feel the need to explain myself?

"Aw, poor blondie, " she said sympathicly. "She won't be getting a call from the handsome Mr.”

Mr.?

"What do you mean Mr.?" I asked.

"Oh I'm sorry. I always call somebody older than me Mr. and Ms.," she apologized.