Chap 22: I Thought You Kept Your Promises

In the last chapter~
-Nick and Ryder take Imani home
-Nick witnesses Naomi (Ima's mom) being beaten but doesn't know who it is
-The group stays at Dylan's place for the week
-Imani stays in the 'playroom' for a week
-The week has passed and now Imani has to go shopping

Imani's POV

I made my way into my room and sure enough, there was the list. There were a couple of items that I needed to get, I would have to go to a couple of stores to get everything.

Shopping List
-Chicken thighs, wings, and drum sticks
-pork chops and bacon
-ground beef
-vegetables
-apples
-rice and potatoes
-eggs
-things for breakfast
-icecream
-dish soap and laundry detergent
-cleaning products

What the hell did they need all this stuff for? Did we go through a shortage while I was out?

I just sighed and went over to my bathroom. I looked up and finally caught a look at myself. My hair was a mess, blood was splattered all over my clothes from a week ago, my eyes had prominent dark circles, and my cheeks were sunken in.

To be honest, I looked like I died and came back to life. I peeled off what was left of my clothes and started the shower. As I waited for the water to get hot, I assessed my body and my injuries.

I had multiple slashes from the whip all over my arms, legs, and back, which were very tender. My wrists and ankles still held the outlines of the chains. My neck looked slightly swollen from the cold, metal shackle.

Damn, how do they expect me to cover all of this? I sighed.

I jumped into the shower and just let the hot water wash away all the caked-on blood, sweat, and grime off of me. I watched as the disgusting liquid flowed to the drain. I carefully scrubbed my body till the thick, dirty liquid stopped streaming and clean water flowed instead.

Then I washed my hair. A few pieces fell out but hey, what can you do? It will grow back. I got out of the shower and moisturized my body. Then, I went under the sink and got the medical kit with the bandages and ointments.

I opened the box and it was almost empty.

Add bandages to the shopping list, I heaved.

I made do with what I had and cleaned all of my wounds and bandaged them. I started by patching up the slashes then moved on to my wrists and ankles. I debated whether or not I should bandage my neck. If I did, it would be visible through my clothes and if I didn't it would get irritated.

Who cares, I can always fix it when I get home, I shrugged.

I pulled the bandage off my neck and went to find some suitable clothes to hide everything.

After I put on my undergarments, I went over to the closet. I pulled out a huge, oversized green hoodie that used to be Ryder's. I put it on and it went way past my arms and waist.

Perfect

I picked out a pair of blacks leggings and ankle boots that covered my ankles. I took a look in the mirror and everything was complete but my eyes looked terrible. They still had the dark circles around them and my cheeks were sullen.

I went over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of black shades and a black mask.

This will have to do.

I limped my way into the kitchen and my jaw dropped immediately.

The fridge was left opened and it looked like it was robbed. Food was splattered all over to walls and handles. It was repulsing. I looked over to the sink and it was overflowing with dirty dishes. The floor was caked with dirt, grime, and food.