Chap 66: B*tch-Slapped

In the last chapter~
-Nick and Imani make up
-Nick teases Imani
-He explains anything and everything to her

Imani's POV

"I just have one question. D...does my uncle want to take over? Instead of me?"

"Yea, why?"

...

That's why he hates me...

"No reason."

"This was a lot, I apologize. But come on down with me, " Nick stood and held out his hand.

"Hm? Why?"

"We are going to eat breakfast. I'm gonna make sure that you take care of yourself and that includes eating, " he nagged.

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

Bossy.

"Plus, I want to introduce everyone to you."

"Everyone?" my eyes widened. "Don't you have hundreds of thousands of people who work for you?"

"You're not going to meet everyone today, obviously, " he rolled his eyes.

What? So he and I can't?

"Breakfast is the only time when you'll be able to meet everyone from this house."

"How many people are in this house?"

"At least 250."

...

"At least?" I gulped. "T-that's a lot of people..."

"You'll be fine, I promise, " he laughed. "So let's go."

"Wait! D-did my mom leave you a letter?" I asked.

If he doesn't have it then I don't know who would...

"Yea...how did you know?"

"Wait you do?!" I smiled brightly. "My mom told me last night. She visited me and told me to get my act together."

Nick smiled gently and brought me in for a hug. "I'm glad you were able to see her again. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to protect her."

"Don't apologize. She's so much happier now, she's not afraid anymore." I returned the hug.

When Nick pulled away he reached into his desk and brought out an envelope. "She said to give it to you when the time was right...I think this is that time. But how come on, the food is probably almost gone and you can read it down there."

To: My Little Flower

From: Mom

"Ok, " I grinned.

I took the letter and followed him down the stairs and back into the kitchen where the group was.

They all looked up at us but before anyone could say anything, I walked up to Ryder and smacked him upside his head.

"Ow! What the f*ck?!"

"That's for keeping important information away from me, " I growled.

"Oh yeah?" he flicked my nose hard.

"Ow! That stings!" I hissed.

"That's for keeping things away from me!" he whispered in my ear.

"Play nice kids, " said a motherly voice. I swiveled my head towards it and there stood Mrs. Romani.