Chap 34: May I Stay With You Tonight? Pt.2

In the last chapter~
-Imani asks Nick if she could stay in his room
-She ends up telling him the story of what happened earlier
-Now she explains how her father kicked her out of the house

Nick's POV

"He...he...me... of the house, telling me to get...," she then mumbled.

I could hardly hear a word she said.

"What?" I asked.

"He...me...the..., " she mumbled again even quieter.

"Imani..." I challenged. I pulled myself back and looked into her eyes. She looked up slowly but then closed her eyes tight.

"He...kicked me out the house, telling me to get out of his sight, " she explained.

...

"What?!" I questioned.

"Yea, he was very drunk and he told me to leave..." she trailed off.

"Why do you sound so indifferent?" I scoffed.

"Well...It's not exactly the first time?" she stated. It sounded more like a question.

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, taken aback.

"It's not the first time, I mean this exact situation hasn't happened before, but he has sent me out when he was drunk, " she shrugged.

I stayed silent for a moment as I processed everything she just said.

The pieces were slowly starting to put themselves together and I came out with one, very clear, statement.

Her father is an abusive, conceited, bastard of a man. That includes her uncle too.

"So back to why I'm here..." she trailed off.

"Tonight I dreamed that I had a repeat of what happened today, " she began again. Her eyes lowered a bit.

"I-I've never been able to sleep by myself. I've always fallen asleep knowing that someone was there in the room with me..., " she confessed. "So I can I please sleep with you?" she pleaded. She even had her hands clasped together.

"Well..." I dragged.

Let's tease her a bit...

"I don't think we are at that stage yet, " I shook my hair as I faked sighed. She looked at me confused.

"Don't get me wrong, you're a very beautiful girl, but I think we have to let this relationship grow...before we get down and dirty. Know what I mean?" I questioned.

She paused for a moment and then she quickly blushed a bright red.

Got her, I laughed.

"N-no! That's not what I meant!" she exclaimed.

"But sweetheart, you asked if you could sleep with me didn't you?" I countered.

She blushed even harder and drew the blanket over her face in embarrassment.

Così carina... I laughed in my mind. *(so cute)*

"I didn't mean it like that though!" she whined. "I promise! I meant if I could stay in here...with you, " she whimpered.

I tried to hold it in but I couldn't take it. I burst out laughing.

She slowly lowered the blanket she carried off her face to look at me.