Chap 53: Bubbles!

Author's Note:

Hey, y'all, I'm sorry, I do a lot of these😋.

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to akirashorter14. Thank you for following me and voting for chapters. It really means a lot to me and it goes a long way🙏🏾.

And I wanted to give another shout out to Blackgirlintheconer. Thank you for following me as well and voting. Your comments always have me dying!😂

In the last chapter~ (sorry it was short, it was a filler)
-Imani and Nick got on each other's nerves
-Nick makes a plan to have Imani and her mom leave
-Nick learns about Imani's panic attacks
-Imami and Nick make a deal when things go wrong

Nick's POV

“Fine, ” I sighed. “But that means you can't leave unless it's absolutely necessary. Like life-and-death kind of necessary.”

“Deal, ” she laughed.

Imani's POV

Nick gave me the little packet and my phone and is currently driving me back home.

I'm supposed to act normal once I get there, tell mom the plan, and pour the contents of the packet into their beer or something and immediately text Nick when it happens.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm not scared. Sh*t, I just had a panic attack.

We haven't left in a very long time and even then, it didn't end well. But for some reason, Nick gives me hope.

For some reason, I think we'll be safe with him. I don't know maybe he just gives off that kind of aura or something. All I know is that things are definitely not gonna be the same.

Soon, Nick pulled into an alleyway and I was supposed to get out and start walking back, but I couldn't move. I stayed right in my seat.

I was terrified.

“Hey, ” Nick spoke to me. “It's gonna be alright, I promise. You can do this.”

“Y-yea, ” I nodded.

I took in a big breath, mustered up all the courage I had (which wasn't much), opened the door, and began walking back home.

I guess I shouldn't call it my home anymore huh?

Time skip~

I reached the door to the house and was just about to knock on the door when it swung open. Almost hitting my face.

“It's about damn time, ” my uncle growled.

Missed you too.

He smelled of weed and cheap perfume, which I assumed was coming from the curvy woman attached to his side.

“Can I help you?!” the lady snapped.

“N-no, I'm sorry, ” I quickly bowed my head.

“What the hell are you waiting for?! Get your fat ass in here!” my uncle demanded.

“Y-yes, sir, ” I obeyed and walked through the door. I immediately felt sick to my stomach.

Random people were everywhere!