Chap 9: You did this didn't you?

Imani's POV

It has been a couple of minutes since Raquel caught Ariza and it has also been a couple of minutes since I've been in this hiding spot and I'm not gonna lie, my legs fell asleep a while ago. I'm in pain and the other two are still going at it. Run, fight, grab something, then fight, scream, fight, laugh, and run again. They had their work out that's for sure.

Creak

We all snapped our heads and found Ryder and Justin staring at us. Ryder was rolling his eyes and Justin was laughing.

"Get your asses up, " Ryder said as he started cleaning the room. The girls made eye contact with me and I gave them a wink. Ariza and Raquel got up and stood still trying not to laugh knowing what was gonna happen. "On our way here we got complaints from the workers that there have been 'disturbances' in this room. Do you know how embarrassing that is?" He asked as he picked up a lamp, placing it back.

"Yes sir, sorry sir, " we said in unison. We did that a lot when it came to his orders. We thought it was funny how he ordered us like we were his army. And us, being the good friends we are decided to treat him like our captain when he got serious.

Let's pause for a minute shall we?

Do you know how I said Raquel was the mom friend? Well that doesn't even come close to how much of a big brother Ryder is. He has been with us from the very beginning and he has always been protective of us. Especially protective of me. When I was little, like 5 and he was 8 going on 9 he found me on the ground at the park bleeding from my head and arms and my leg broken.

He picked me up and took me to his house and his parents who were doctors helped me out. Since I was 5 and I didn't really know the meaning of a secret, I told him how my father and uncle beat me that day and dragged my mom away. He was so mad at them and felt so sorry for me.

After his mom took care of me, Ryder helped me back home to my mom. Mom was so grateful for his help, even now she still loves him like a son.

Afterward, we started hanging out and he would call me 'sis', me being me, I would also call him 'sis'. (I was 5, copying people was my thing, don't judge). At first, he was kinda iffy but when he saw that I wasn't gonna change it he grew onto it.

One day when I was feeling kinda depressed, Ryder took me to a place that was hidden from the rest of the park. He told me that this is where he comes when life gets too much and that I could share this place with him with Raquel and Ariza. I thanked him and we hugged. When I felt better, he reached behind a bush and gave me a very adorable Doberman pup.

You guessed it! That little pup who was no more than the size of a hand was Rascal! When Ryder was giving him to me, Rascal would bite onto Ryder's finger and sleeves. That's how he got his name.

It was then that I knew that he was cool people, I introduced him to Raquel and Ariza right after and we all became best friends while Ryder and Raquel became boyfriend and girlfriend.

They are so happy together and I am happy for them. Ryder is basically like my protective older brother. Who wouldn't be happy for their brother when he finds happiness? The only thing I'm scared of is when Raquel finds out that Ryder and I kept this from her and Ariza. I hope it never gets to that point.

He knew to not talk about it with Raquel and Ari and he respected my decision. What he doesn't know is that I'm still getting hit.

My father saw him coming over to drop me off one day and that's when I got my first beating for being near a boy. Later, he threatened that if I ever tell anyone about the abuse again he'd lock me up and kill whoever I told along with my mother. When my dad let me go I told Ryder that the abuse stopped and that I was ok, for fear that Ryder would be killed.

Even after I told him that everything was ok and the abuse had stopped, he still stood by us and I am grateful for that.

Back to the present~

Feathers from pillows were littered everywhere around the room and in Raquel and Ariza's hair. Ariza was on the verge of tears from laughing and so was Raquel, waiting for what was gonna happen. "Imani?" Ryder asked looking around for me.

"Present!" I said shooting up my hand. Ryder laughed at me.

"You're not able to get up are you sis?" He asked when he walked over to me.

"No, I can't say I can, sis. I can't feel my legs, " I confessed while Justin and Ryder laughed.

"Justin? Do you mind?" he asked. While picking up more of the room.

Damn! Change of plans I guess.

"Sure thing, " he said. He picked me up as if I was a feather and held me in the air like a baby.

"Damn, your strong," I said with shock. How are all these guys so strong, Ryder has obviously carried me before, Nicolas caught me from falling and held me up, now Justin!

Are they mutants? I thought.

"Damn, your light, " he mocked me while continuing to do air push-ups with me. I laughed at him.

I turned over his shoulder to face Ariza, "He's cute and hot!" I whispered at her. I winked and held a thumbs up. "He's a keeper, " I continued. She just rolled her eyes and Raquel giggled.

"Thank you!" Justin whispered back winking.

Oops

I looked over at Ariza and she was covering her now red face as Raquel laughed out loud.

I turned back over to see Justin smiling and I smiled back. "Your welcome, " I cheesed. He laughed out loud while lifting me up.

"Yep, Ryder it's official, I officially like her!" he smiled back.

"I told you, you would, " Ryder laughed.

"Aw I like you too, " I smiled at him while he continued to lift me up and down.

Geez, I knew Ariza liked them athletic but this is just a whole new level. Doesn't he ever get tired?

"Can you do me a favor, " I whispered in his ear nodding towards Ryder. He looked over to Ryder and back at me and nodded once with a smile on his face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thanks for reading!

This is Ryder^^^

This is Justin^^^

This is Justin^^^