Chap 28: She Doesn't Deserve That

In the last chapter~
-Leo(husband) and Elijah(oldest son) meet Imani
-Imani has to leave but has trouble doing so
-Leo doesn't like Imani
-Imani finds out that Nick is the Romani family's youngest son
-Anastasia gets mad at her husband for the way he acted towards Imani
-Nick wants to spend time with his family

Anastasia Romani's POV

"Nick called me last night, " I choked. "He said he wanted to come to spend time with us, " I turned my head towards Leo.

"You are the reason he left in the first place. Don't you dare act like a bastard towards him when he comes, you hear me?!" I ordered. He just rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Alright fine, can we go back to bed now?" he asked.

"If you're going up there, then I'm staying down here, " I scoffed. "You really think I want to be in the same room with you right now?"

He looked hurt for a second but quickly recovered. He nodded once and went back up the stairs to our room.

When he left I turned back to Elijah, "Thanks for everything, figlio, " I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Anytime, mamma, " he smiled.

"When Nick comes, can you please make sure he feels welcome?" I pleaded.

"Of course, mamma. He's my little brother, " he laughed.

Imani's POV

I started running to the best of my capabilities but it started raining. The streets were slippery so I ended up falling down...right into a puddle.

I got up and made sure that I was ok and none of the stitches tore. Thankfully, nothing was wrong so I continue running back home, soaking wet.

I saw my house in sight and ran a little faster. As I neared closer, I saw a figure of a man on our porch. It was father. He was waiting for me on the porch. I walked up the steps carefully and stood in front of him with my head bowed.

After a couple of minutes he finally spoke. "Where have you been?" he asked calmly.

"R-Rascal was throwing up everywhere so I took him to the vet, sir, " I lied. He looked at me angrily.

"Did you get permission to leave?" he spat.

I shook my head yes. "Y-yes sir, you even gave me your card, " I lied again. He looked at me crazily and I pulled out the card. My heart was pounding in my chest.

Does he know I'm lying? What is he gonna do?

He took the card from my hands and looked at me again.

"Did you hit me across the head by any chance?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"N-no sir, I would never, " I gulped.

"Then where was I when you asked me to leave?" he questioned.

"You were on the couch drinking a beer, you even asked me to get you another one, " I fibbed.

He continued to stare at me but then finally gave up and sighed.

"Fine, but I'm gonna get security cameras for this house so nothing weird will happen, " he threatened. I gulped and nodded.

"Now come on and make me some breakfast, I have a splitting headache, " he ordered. I took a deep breath and followed him to the kitchen.

I made him breakfast and served him his plate. He took it and started eating when he stopped. "Oh yeah, you're still not allowed to eat right now, " he smiled.