Chap 58: Ugly, Selfish, and Stupid

Author's Note:

Guys this is the third and final time I'm doing this...

This dude will now be Nicolas Romani.

(The others just weren't doing it for me🤦🏾‍♀️ and his demeanor matches what I had in mind for Nick. Nice, funny, with kind eyes but can be intimidating when needed.)

I'm sorry!

(⚠ Self-harm coming up. And before you read this chapter, if any of you feel what Imani is about to feel. Just know that somebody out there loves and cares for you. They would hate to see you leave them. You are loved and appreciated. Even if you don't believe that there is such a person out there, you have me! I love each and every single one of my readers! Whether I personally know you or not. I promise.)

In the last chapter~
-Nick finally gets the release he ever so needed.
-He ends up leaving Imani at the store
-The employees help her out
-Imani now has no way to get home

Imani's POV

“Now how in the world am I supposed to get home?” I thought quietly.

“Cookie?... Is that you?” a deep male voice asked.

I know that voice.

“Bubbles!” I laughed and turned around to face Luke.

But the person I saw in front of me...wasn't Luke.

Not my Luke.

“L...Luke?”

My Luke had bright eyes and a bright smile.

This one had an eye...

and an arm missing...

His whole forearm was gone...

“W-what happened...to you?” I instantly froze.

“Hey, don't be afraid, I'm still the same. I promise, ” he attempted to play it off.

I took slow steps towards his face and gently ran my fingers over where his eye used to be.

“W...what happened?” I said again. I could feel the tears burning my eyes. It looked so...painful.

“That's not important right now I-, ” he spoke but I cut him off.

“Luke, what happened?” I begged again.

“I just got into a little trouble at work, everything is just fine. I promise, just please don't cry!”

”Trouble at work?” I repeated. “You work for my father. Did...did he do this to you?” the sob got caught in my chest.