Chap 29: Get Out of My Sight!

In the last chapter~
-Nick comes back home to eat with his mother and brother
-Nick finds out that Imani would come to his mom for help
-Anastasia tells Nick about Imani throughout the years

Nick's POV

"But when I did get her to talk, she would only talk about her mother. Every time I brought up her father she would get scared and change the subject, " mamma looked at me worriedly.

Interesting...

"No, I don't think she is street fighting, but someone is definitely hurting her. Which is why I desperately need you to find her. She...she doesn't deserve that " she choked. She was on the verge of tears.

"I know mamma, I promise to help her, " I promised. I took her up into my arms and hugged her tightly.

But first I gotta figure out who I'm dealing with...

After dinner, I said my I love you's and my goodbye's. Instead of driving back to the house, I drove to the place I always went to when I needed some space.

The place wasn't as big as ours but it was big enough for me. Plus, I'd only bring my one-night standers here some nights...why would I f*ck most of them at my own house? Some of those girls are crazy, I don't need them to know where I actually live.

I stripped down to just my shorts and flopped on the massive king bed to look at the ceiling. I tried to sleep but it was only 7:30. I decided to sort out my thoughts about Imani.

How is it that every time I see or hear about her, she is always hurt? Someone has to be abusing her. It must be her father and some other relative. Her mom addressed them as my love and brother. And one of them even called themselves her husband!

Why do I even care about her? We only met like a week ago... I froze.

But she already treats me like a friend. I saw first hand she would do anything to protect the ones she loved and I just so happened to be added to that list. Shouldn't I try to help someone who would definitely do the same for me? I contradicted.

True...

She cares so much already for everyone. I can at least help her get away from her father for a while until I figure out the next move.

If I knew her family's background, I could probably go quicker. But I know absolutely nothing. I've never seen her father before and never heard of him before. I had one of my men look into who owned the house but they said Imani's house didn't even come up on the maps.

Who is rich enough to be able to do that?

I decided that until I figured out who is behind Imani, I should at least provide a place for her and her mom to be able to come to.

....

Wait...I thought as I sat up.

What about this place? This place is secluded and nobody finds it unless I want them to. This would be perfect!

I started pacing the room as I thought about my idea.

Nobody has been here for a while, even the crazy chicks from before stopped coming here...

Nobody would find out anyway, her father won't know unless I wanted him to...

The only problem is how I'm gonna get her and her mom to come here.

Imani's POV

I was chilling on my bed, scrolling through my phone, when my father called me and my mom downstairs.