Chap 27: What the Hell is Wrong with You?

In the last chapter~
~Imani meets the voices in her head
-She reconnects with Mrs. Romani, a woman who treats Imani in the past
-Imani once again passes out due to hunger and a fever

Anastasia Romani's POV (AKA Mrs. Romani)

"Mia cara?!" I exclaimed. I ran over to Imani as she fell to the floor.

"S...sorry, " she smiled.

"Mia cara?" I asked again. No answer. "Imani!" I slightly shook her but still no answer.

What's wrong?

I checked her temperature and she was burning with a fever. I backed up and got a better look at her. She looked horrible! She looks as if she hasn't eaten in days! I checked her body and she had multiple wounds over her and her chest looked badly bruised.

"Cara..." I whispered. "What happened to you?" I asked as I cleared the hair out of her face.

"I need help, " I mumbled to myself. I ran out of the office to look for my husband, Leo, and ran into a tall hard figure.

"Ow!" I muttered.

"Amore?" said a deep voice. It was Leo, he steadied me up and turned on the lights.

"Leo? What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Looking for you? You weren't in bed, " he shrugged. He turned around and looked at me. "Amore, what's wrong?"

"Leo, I need your help, " I urged. He nodded and followed me to where Imani was on the floor.

"Who is this?" he asked confused.

Uh

"I found her today when I went to the store, she told me that her dog was sick but then she blacked out, " I partially lied. Leo just looked at me.

"I know you are lying to me, Amore, " he scolded.

Damn

"Tell me the truth, " he ordered. I stayed silent. I promised Imani that I wouldn't tell anyone and I intended to keep that promise, even from my husband.

"Ana~, " he challenged. I just looked away. He turned me back around and held me close to his chest.

"Is she the one who used to come a lot a couple of years ago?" he asked. My eyes widen.

"How did you-" I started.

"You are my wife, I always felt when you would leave the bed, " he laughed. "After a while, I just started following you to make sure it was safe and I found it was always this girl, " he smiled.

"After a year, she wouldn't show up anymore and you seemed worried. I'm guessing she was why?" he asked. I just nodded.

"Damn me for having a loving husband, " I cursed under my breath. He laughed and hugged me tightly.

"Alright so what do I need to do?" he asked.

I ordered him to carefully place Imani on the medical bed and to get my real medical bag in the closet. I got to work on Imani's rib when my eldest son, Elijah came in yawning.

"What's all the noise?" he asked. His eyes landed me operating Imani. "Uh...who is she?" he questioned.

"Don't worry about it, figlio " I waved him off. "But can you heat up a big plate of leftovers please?" I begged. He took another look at Imani and left to get the food.

Imani's will be so mad when she wakes up. Now my husband and my son know about her.

Imani's POV