Chap 24: I won't accept that

In the last chapter~
-Nick finds out just how bad Imani is hurt
-He pushes Imani too far and gets the information he wasn't expecting
-Imani was recorded when she sang at the music shop and is now trending
-Father and uncle aren't too happy about that

Imani's POV.

He got up and walked behind me. "Don't you ever draw attention to yourself, you hear me?!" he snapped.

I nodded immediately.

"You will always belong to us, and we don't like sharing, Imani, " he whispered.

He kicked me to the ground and left. "Tell us when dinner is ready, " he waved. "Oh, and you're not allowed to have any, " he smiled.

Fantastic!

I was gonna sneak some food but they sat in the living room and watched my every move. I finished dinner, made their plates, and served it to them.

"Get me a beer, " my uncle ordered.

"Which flavor would you like?" I asked obediently.

"It doesn't matter, " he waved.

I opened the fridge and got a random one, I opened it up and gave it to him.

He just swirled the drink around and finally sipped it.

Then he spat the drink all over my face, "What the f*ck is this?" he demanded.

"Y-you said it didn't matter which flavor, " I explained as I wiped the beer off my face.

"Well then get me another one!" he scolded. I turned around to go back to the fridge but he grabbed me by the arm. "We can't let this go to waste can we?" he smiled.

"I d-don't drink, " I gulped.

"Well that's too bad isn't it, " he fake pouted. "You can always wear it, " without a second thought, he poured the cold beer all over me. It went into my hair, dripped down my face, and soaked my clothes.

"Now go get me another beer, " he laughed. My father laughed along with him.

I bit my tongue and got another beer. I opened it and served him again. He took it and told me to go shower. "You stink, " he laughed.

I slowly walked up the stairs because I knew that if I went any faster I would end up slamming the door, that's the last thing I need right now.

I had to take another shower and change PJs. Once I did, I hopped into my bed, took out my phone, and stared at Nicolas' contact.

Should I call and apologize? I shouldn't have ranted off like that, I sighed.

I gather up what was left of my courage and called him. It rang for a few, but then he answered.

"H-hello?" he answered. He sounded like he just woke up.

"Nick?" I asked.

"Imani?" he yawned. "Hey, "

"I'm sorry, did I catch you at a bad time, I can call again, " I apologized.

"No no no!" he stopped me. "I was meaning to talk to you too."

"Ok cool, uh- are you free to talk right now?" I asked.

"Yea, everyone is downstairs eating."

"That's great. I'll go first. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for going off on you like that and running away, I know you were just trying to help me, " I said softly.