Chap 54: I Can't Let That Happen

In the last chapter~
-Imani returns back to her house
-Luke and some of his friends help them leave
-Imani finally remembers her old crush

Imani's POV

His face kept getting smaller and smaller as we drove on and soon, we couldn't even see the silhouette of the house.

It's done...we are finally free!

We'll see how long that lasts...

Nick's POV

"It's nice to see you again, Nick, " Imani's mom smiled.

"Likewise, Mrs. Taylor, " I laughed.

"Wait, y'all know each other?" Imani spoke up.

"Yea, the day we met I took you home and met your mom, " I explained.

She just nodded.

As I drove them to my personal house, I got to know Imani's mother better.

Imani ended up falling asleep against the door and somehow ended up with my jacket as a blanket.

Anyways, Mrs. T absolutely loves music, she even used to be a music teacher. When Imani was younger, they used to sing all the time.

Before she got married, she used to help in this shelter in New York where people came for food, clothes, and other necessities like that.

I guess that's where Imani gets her kindness from...how the hell did she end up with suck a dick husband?

For some reason, she likes cooking and cleaning...who likes doing that?! It's called a chore for a reason!

Soon, we pulled up to the house. Mrs. Taylor took Rascal while I took Imani inside.

"Nick? Is that you?! Did you eat yet?" my mom called out from the kitchen.

"Mamma, wait a minute! She's asleep!" I whisper-yelled.

She poked her head from the opening and saw that Imani was passed out.

"Aw, guarda mio figlio!" she grinned. (Aw, look at my son!)

I mentally rolled my eyes. "I'm just gonna put her on the couch, " I sighed. "Mom, this is Mrs. Taylor, Imani's mother."

"Hello, it's very nice to meet-...wait, " Mrs. Taylor paused. "A-Anastasia?... Is that you?"

Huh?

"Noami?" my mother gasped.

"Yes! Yes! It's me!" Mrs. Taylor laughed.

Mrs. T put Rascal next to Imani and my mom ran up to hug her.

"Oh my word, it's been years! I didn't think I'd ever see you again. Or if you'd recognize me!" my mom whimpered.

"Same here!"

How is it that everyone knows everyone around here?

"Yeah, um, excuse me? " I chuckled lightly. "I'm ready for storytime!"

My mom laughed. "You know how when I was young, I was practically homeless in New York?"

"Wait, you were in New York at that time? You never told us that," I accused.

Now the pieces were finally coming together! My mom was out on the streets in New York, Imani's mom worked at the shelter.

Bodda Bing, Bodda Boom, friendship.