i. verity of the sea

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬
❛❛ 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒂 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA ROMAN LETS OUT A FASCINATED gasp as she peers over the edge of a small mountain hill under the ocean water

VERA ROMAN LETS OUT A FASCINATED gasp as she peers over the edge of a small mountain hill under the ocean water. Seaweeds and rocks alike sit atop of it, hiding her from the splendid view beyond. Vera was completely hidden from the treasure that lay beyond as she swims excitedly over the hill. Her silver-blue tail, a light color nearing the shade of the sky above her and the jewels of silver, moves gracefully to bring its owner forward, towards the treasure that sat in her eyes view.

And a treasure it really was.

A ship lay under the mermaids' happy eyes, barren and desolate. It was a seemingly magnificent ship with high, drenched sails and a large surface. The platform spread out across the vessel and made a spacious environment for its previous crew members. She assumes that they were a bright crew — a contrast to the normalcy of the prideful pirates and merciless scoundrels — seeing as there were no signs of punishment on the ship except for their death.

There was no sight of any dead bodies or hidden skeletons on board as she soars forward. It is empty, filled with nothing but wood and ropes. If Vera had to guess, the men on this vessel were unfortunately attacked by the sirens that scour the northern sea, where the ship Vera now floats in was taken down ruthlessly. She grimaces at the thought of sirens eating the men dry until there is nothing left but their rotting bodies and fraying skeletons.

At the thought, Vera purses her plump lips grimly but continues through the treasure that lay at the deep trench of the waters. The deck underneath the platform was large, just like the top, but rather cramped with rooms and compartments for its crew members. Vera notices a speckle of blood contrasting against the darkness of the sea but ignores it, attempting to keep the disgust in her stomach at bay.

Sirens are merciless. They do not care who or how they attack, only feeling the endless need for blood and for men's flesh. Tis disgusting and gruesome to think about but their nature was built by Ulmo to protect their waters from the greed of men. The mermaid was rather sorrow-filled at the thought of innocent dying in her waters but she understood the need for them. If the sirens did kill, it was for a reason.

Vera knew the tales of The Sirens, a story her mother told her and her brother when they were children. It was years ago but the many stories her mother had told was something Vera could never let go of. Maybe it was the enticing sound of her mother's voice that made the story stick in her head, but she clearly liked the myths and legends of the sea and the land of Arda and Middle-Earth above her.