Prologue

Grace's P.O.V

"This is what I get for going on a walk," I scoffed unhappy as I was dragged across the ground.

Titan, my guardian bakugan was taken from me when I lost the match.

It happens during the last round, if the winning bakugan's G-power is 500 G's or more than the losing bakugan the losing bakugan goes to the winner. I usually give the ones I win back to their trainers. After I lost Titan, I was taken.

In truth, I was out on a security check for Mira when I was ambushed. Hopefully Mira will be alright.

In my pocket, my Sirenoid was protected, but my partner in crime, Titan, was gone and I felt like a horrible partner for letting it happen. I loathed Mylene for doing so.

"Mylene, give the girl her bakugan back," Spectra ordered plainly.

Mylene narrowed her eyes.

"Why should I Spectra? She's part of the Resistance. It would be unwise to let her run around with her bakugan."

"Do you doubt me Mylene?" Spectra inquired and Mylene shook her head backing down.

She threw Titan to me and I caught him.

"I got you buddy," I promised and Spectra watched me with intrigued eyes.

Titan popped out of his ball, but did not speak.

"How interesting," Spectra muttered and the Vexos pushed me into an arena surrounded by the cheering crowds.

I looked around angry. The people were so oblivious to the truth about the bakugan. It was sickening.

"What am I doing here?" I demanded and Gus, Spectra's little lapdog, snapped at me.

"Do not ask such insolent questions to Master Spectra."

I laughed mockingly and crossed my arms.

"You're signing up for the tournament today," Spectra said as he handed me a mask.

It was blue with feathers like his and these feathers appeared to be metallic and intimidating. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I do such a thing?"

"If you want your freedom back, you'll have to fight for it," Spectra said to me in a challenging tone.

"And what if I lose?" I asked.

"Then you join the Vexos as the seventh member and fight against the Resistance," Spectra stated simply with a shrug.

"Why would you want me to join the Vexos?" I ask.

"It is an honour to join the Vexos and Master Spectra," Gus preached and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, deal, what's with the mask?"

"Just wear it in battle," Spectra snapped and walked away.

I was left staring at him and looked down at Titan.

"Are you sure this is a good idea Grace?"

"I have no other choice, I don't want to lose you again," I told Titan.

"Do not worry milady, I will stand by you in battle."

I smiled, "Thanks Titan."

I put the mask on and in my dark blue attire I looked menacing. I entered the battlefield and the crowd cheered seeing a new face. I glared at the cheering people around me and that made the crowd cheer more.