Chapter 12

Mira's P.O.V

My eyes were wide in shock. I wasn't imagining things. My brother... The person who has been my hero for my whole life. He was my own brother.

And Storm... She was my childhood friend. She had told me that she was dead when in fact she really was Storm Brooke. It now made sense how she had the locket or how she reacted when I brought up Hydron. It was still hard to swallow. My best friend and former co-leader of the Resistance was now the enemy. The hatred in her eyes was evident that she was no longer fighting for the bakugan's freedom, but rather working to continue their suffering.

The way they left together. It was as if Keith was staking a claim on her. Did he feel something towards her?

I still remember when I was younger and rushed to find Grace. It was when my brother first went missing.

"Grace! It's horrible," I wept and she wrapped a protective arm around me.

"It's okay, we'll find him I promise," she reassured me with a hard gaze, "I'll have Hydron look for him. He could help."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. She always wanted to include Hydron in our talks. We both didn't like each other but we forced ourselves to tolerate the other for Grace's sake.

"Please, I don't want him to know," I told her and she nodded her head.

"Of course," she sighed giving in.

For the next week, we looked and with each day, I grew more desperate. Grace tried to reassure me and we were wandering the palace corridor.

"Don't worry, we'll find him," Grace told me and a voice cut in.

"Find who?"

In front of us was a boy with spiky blonde hair and a red feathered coat. His mask looked like a bird's and made him look more intimidating.

"Who are you?" I asked coldly.

The boy stared, "I'm Spectra Phantom. Top Vexos brawler and Grace's personal body guard."

"What?" Grace said confused, "Since when did I have a bodyguard?"

"Since now. Let's go, Hydron is waiting for you," He says roughly and grabs her hand.

She resists and I glare at him.

"Who do you think you are? She's my friend," I protested.

"If I were you, I would shut that mouth of yours," Spectra said coldly and he left with Grace.

At the time, I thought he was just overprotective of her as a body guard, but now it made sense. He knew her from before. He was aware of Mine and Grace's friendship and even joined in on the fun. The two of them seemed to get along well and enjoy everything.

I couldn't focus while eating supper with Dan's mother. Keith was Spectra. My hero and brother. While growing up, he always enjoyed hanging out with us. More specifically, Grace. He was always looking out for her despite the three-year difference.

Spectra's P.O.V

Walking with Storm beside me made me feel happy. She should've been with me instead of the prince. My plan to over throw the royal family will succeed. And when I do, I'll have her by my side.

"So that happened," Storm let out an exasperated sigh as we headed towards the warehouse Gus found for us.

We sat down on the cold, hard ground as Gus left a note.