Chapter 36

Shadow's P.O.V

I couldn't believe I lost. I need to succeed in something to get some recognition as a member of the Vexos. Now Mylene was going to hold this over my big head for a lifetime.

I transported back to the palace and came across Hydron who was glaring.

"You went on a mission without permission?"

"Yeah, so what?" I say casually.

"Was it successful?"

"No, but you should know she's with Spectra."

Hydron clenched his fists which caused me to laugh. This created tension and I thrived off of it.

"You and I are going on a trip tomorrow to collect another energy and get Grace Hudson."

"Are you just doing this to get your girl back? She's a lost cause," I tell him simply.

"Quit lying and shut up. That is not true at all. She wants me. This is just a bump in our relationship. We will be rulers one day and you will bow to us," Hydron explained.

"Yeah let me know when that happens," I snorted.

"I don't care on what lengths it takes. If I have to take Spectra out of the equation I will."

"Well, she's gotten stronger, this should be interesting to watch," I say leaning against the wall.

We reached the throne room to see Zenoheld sitting on his throne. Gees, did this guy ever leave his throne?

"Mylene, Lync, you have returned with the Subterra energy," Zenoheld observed and I crossed my arms.

"Don't think I didn't notice you're attempt on defeating Grace Hudson," the king stated and everyone looks my way.

Mylene's face was contorted with disgust at the mention of the former Aquos top brawler.

"One little girl defeated you, how pathetic," Mylene said in disapproval.

"Now Mylene, we must give Grace credit. She did after all defeat you in battle," the king pointed out.

Mylene's face was priceless as she glared.

"At least I got an energy," she defended.

"Hey, I think I was the one who got it," Lync boasted.

"Sire, tomorrow, Shadow and myself shall go collect another energy and shall we capture Grace Hudson as well?" Hydron asked and his father stroked his chin in thought.

"That sounds like an excellent idea, Hydron. Perhaps your determination will derail you from failure. See to it that it is done."

We all nodded our heads and were dismissed.

"You fool," Mylene muttered as she walked past me.

"You love me don't pretend you don't," I winked and she pushed me into a wall before walking away.

"Sure, looks like love," Lync said sarcastically and Volt crossed his arms unimpressed.

"Shut it," I snapped and Hydron crossed his arms.

"Shadow, we head out at dawn. Find a disguise and meet me later," Hydron said before walking off.

"Spoiled brat," I muttered before walking off to do my own thing.

Grace's P.O.V

The next day I sat in the main room at the base of Spectra's throne. I snorted at the sight. He did think of himself a little too much.