Chapter 16

Storm's P.O.V

When we arrived in Beta City, all the Vexos were in the main common room talking in hushed tones.

"Spectra, so you've decided to grace us with your presence?" Mylene said flatly.

"That's right. Let's just say we had a little help from one of the six ancient warriors," Gus bragged.

"Yeah right Gus," Volt said doubtfully.

"Too bad. I thought you were stuck on that garbage planet for good," Shadow frowned and cackled.

"Nice to see you guys too," Lync said laughing and leaning against a wall.

"Please, we all know you missed us," I said winking at the Vexos.

At Mylene's scowl, I said, "It's okay Mylene. Now that I'm back, you don't have to keep playing your 'I'm the leading Aquos Brawler in all of New Vestroia' act. The real leading Aquos Brawler is here. Stand aside."

"In your dreams, Storm. Everyone knows where you're going to be from now on."

I glared, "That's where you're wrong, Mylene."

She gritted her teeth and we tried to stare each other down.

"Here they go again," Volt said bored.

"Any news Mylene?" Spectra asked joining in finally.

Instead of answering him she peered to behind Lync where Mira was standing quietly.

"Huh? What is she doing here?"

The other Vexos looked at her alarmed.

"You fool, that traitor has no business being here. Explain this," Mylene said crossing her arms.

It was almost humorous to see Mylene so distressed. She was no longer the leader of the Vexos and she knew it.

"Mira Firmen has joined the Vexos. Accept it or else."

"What?" Mylene said astonished.

"Isn't that right, Mira?" Spectra asked and everyone looked at Mira.

"He's right," Mira let out and bowed her head down.

"Smart thinking there Firman. You can take it from me. Ah, the Battle Brawlers Resistance is history."

A screen was then brought up showing the three brawlers enclosed in tubes floating lifelessly in front of us. Mira looked horrified at her comrades. I tried to keep my face straight, but struggled at the sight of the Darkus brawler. How could they have taken him down?

"Not looking so tough right now, are they? And when the others get here. We'll pickle them too."

He let out a dark laugh and walked away.

"It's Ace. And Shun. And Marucho," Mira let out dryly.

I watched Mira as she stared at her fallen friends. I turned to Mylene angrily.

"How did you do it Mylene? I know they wouldn't come willingly."

"Please, it was so easy. I'd do the same thing to you in a heartbeat," Mylene sneered.

I laughed, "Please it would be the other way around. Against me, you are nothing."

She glared at me and I turned around laughing darkly.

Lync called me over and I look at him slightly concerned.

"Hydron's trying to contact me," he informed me and I nodded my head stepping back.