Chapter 21

Hydron's P.O.V

As I witnessed Grace fall the ground in tears, I wasn't sure what to think. I only hoped they would be tears of joy.

"Grace? Don't you like it?" I ask her pleased with myself.

I lifted my head and tears were streaming down my cheeks.

"Why did you do this?" she asked her voice was hoarse.

I gave her a look, "Whatever do you mean?"

In truth, I planned to show her how lonely she truly was until she met me. I hope this grand gesture will make her warm up to me even more. It was a thought plan if I do say so myself.

Grace lifted her head, "Hydron, I hate this."

I gawked at her shocked. How could she hate this? I waited for her to explain herself.

"You of all people should know I don't want to talk about them. All that is in the past and I left it behind for good. Now you've brought it all back and made me relive all of the pain and abandonment I felt. Why do you want me to suffer?"

Her voice broke by the end.

"Grace, I-" I started, but she cut me off.

"No Hydron, I'm not doing this with you. Another thing, my parents have a nice place and this is just mocking their deaths like it's childish. And you know what, I didn't even wish to be here. You ruined my life!"

"Grace, stop being so melodramatic," I said shaking her off.

Her face reddened.

"I'll stop being mad the minute you let me battle again."

"Well, you better be ready to be mad for the rest of your life because that is not going to happen."

She punched my arm hard and I rubbed the sore spot. She then stormed off leaving me alone with the memorial.

I called a guard who approached me cautiously.

"Yes, my prince?" He asked and I glared at him.

"I want you to get rid of this field. Burn it and restore it back to what it was before. Make it snappy."

The guard nodded his head and a voice calls out to me taunting.

"Hey Hydron, seems like your little 'girlfriend' isn't pleased with you. What did you do to screw up this time?"

I turn my head to see Lync grinning as he approached me.

"Lync go away, I have no patience for your childish act today," I say trying to send him away.

"Oh, really Hydron?" Lync's annoying voice rang out, "Well, I guess you don't want to hear my plan to get her attention, do you?"

I froze and looked up at the brawler with curiosity. What was he getting at? I needed to know.

"You have my attention. Tell me, what is your plan?"

Lync grinned, "Simple, to get her attention, simply ignore her."

I raised an eyebrow, "And how do you suppose that will work? She'll be flattered not to have me with her."

"That's the thing with Grace. She can't stay mad at a person forever. She's used to your constant attention. By not going near her, she won't be used to the sudden shift and she will come crawling back to you."

I grinned widely at Lync's plan. He was a genius.

"Thank-you Lync for the most excellent proposition. See to it that you still keep a close eye on Spectra. He's up to something and I don't like it."