Chapter 40

Hydron's P.O.V

We knelt down before the king. After Shadow's attempt at trying to defeat Grace, I laughed and decided to give her a break. My father himself proclaimed Grace off limits to the Vexos stating I would be the one to take her out.

Mylene was positioned in the middle like the snobby leader she was.

"You called sir? Your message sounded urgent," Mylene stated calmly.

"Look behind you," my father gestured to the screen causing us all to look behind us.

"Brawlers," Volt let out.

"But how did they find this place?" Mylene asked speechless.

"That weasel Spectra no doubt," I growled and glared at the screen.

"What a wonderful surprise he's brought us," Zenoheld said simply.

"Oh boy, this should be awfully interesting," Lync said excited.

"Someone's about to go down real hard," Shadow exclaimed with a wicked grin.

I ignored Shadow's cackling and only paid attention to Grace. She was the only one I intended to keep an eye on and I was almost certain she would stick with Spectra and Gus. Until then, I was ready for a battle of the ages.

Grace's P.O.V

"So, this is the place Spectra?" Dan asked scanning the area.

"Incredible, we're actually inside the Vexos nerve center. So, cool." Ace admired.

I shuddered recalling memories of this place when I was a child. Hydron took me here to play alongside him. Some fond memories were made of this place. Including when we first became official way back then.

"I've heard stories about how big it is, but now I've seen it with my own eyes. Oh man," Baron said in awe.

"Whoa. This place is heavily fortified," Mira added.

"It's definitely changed since I was here," I frowned.

"It's too quiet, I don't like it," Drago observed.

He was right. Usually, there would be guards travelling around the palace grounds. No one was in sight.

"We better start looking for the bakugan termination system before the Vexos realize we're here," Shun said and Dan cheered.

"Alright guys, pitter patter, the clock is ticking."

"Dan, this place I massive, how do we even know where to start?" Mira asked and she turned to me.

Between the two of us, I was the one who knew this place. A part of me grew up here.

"Sorry Mira, I'm just as lost as you are in that department. This place has changed," I frowned catching Spectra's attention.

The way he looked at me told me that he saw through my lie too easily.

"Hey Spectra, how about a little help? Taking down Zenoheld will be good for the both of us?" Dan asked.

"The bet we made was to show you the location of the palace, Dan. Not to do your dirty work for you," Spectra said coldly.

That statement caused the hint of a smile on my face. I knew he was going to do this. There was no surprise there.

"Come one Spectra. Are you in a bad mood? What's with all the attitude huh?" Marucho asked.

"It appears that you think we're partners, but let me assure you, we're not," Spectra said in a low voice.