Chapter 25

Grace's P.O.V

For a second I forgot how to breathe. Getting my gauntlet back made me feel invincible.

I took it from my hand and placed it on my right arm. It felt like home.

"Do you like it?" Spectra asked me and I only smiled.

Maybe somewhere inside of him there was a heart and it really did love me.

"I love it, thank you," I beam with pride and walk over and hug him tightly.

He seemed shocked at my action, but quickly hugged me back.

"Titan, we can finally battle again," I ginned and Titan opened up.

"That's great."

Water-Raven also opened up, "It's about time."

I laughed at them and Spectra continued speaking, "This gauntlet does have a few enhancements from your old one being that you will be able to transport to the Vestal Destroyer anytime and it is able to block signals from the palace. That way, no one can track you down."

I grinned at the thought of being elusive and hugged him tightly.

"How did you manage to get this back from Hydron?"

"Lync."

Gus returned shortly with our meals and it turned out to be spaghetti and meatballs.

"Man Gus, did you work as a chef or something. I have never seen you act this way," I teased and Gus glared.

Once he left, Spectra laughed.

"Do you always have to taunt him?"

I nodded my head.

"Wouldn't be the same without it."

Spectra smiled and we began to eat our meals.

"This is good," I admit and finished my meal fairly quickly.

"Grace," Spectra says quietly and I looked up.

"Yes Keith?"

"Do you remember our promise two days ago?"

I paused and nodded my head.

Prior to everything he made me promise that I would not hate him for what he was going to do. Now that I knew, I wasn't sure whether I could keep my promise or not.

"Are you going to keep to your promise?"

I thought about it and answered, "That depends on how trustworthy you are."

Spectra dropped his gaze and looked up with me again.

"Grace, I don't know how else I can say, I'm sorry?"

I shrugged and gave him a serious look.

"Look, I was really hurt by what you said because it makes me think that you don't even respect me as a person."

In an instance, his arms enveloped me and I froze at his action. Slowly, I wrapped my hands around his neck and lifted my head to look at him.

In that moment, I didn't see Spectra Phantom. I only saw Keith Firmen.

"How about we go out for a walk?" he proposed and I nodded my head.

"Of course, we'll have to be careful," I commented and Spectra laughed.

"Grace, we don't need to hide. Hydron won't ever notice. Besides we'll just stick to the perimeter of Gamma City. The sky is beautiful out there. Are you in for it?"