Chapter 38

Grace's P.O.V

When I woke up, the boys planned to work out. I would've joined them, but I was the only girl who would do so. Even Mira refused to.

So, I joined the girls and I glanced to find Julie missing.

"Where's Julie?" I asked confused.

"Who knows," stated Runo in disbelief.

Julie came in giggling and confirmed my suspicions.

"What? You were spying on them?" Runo exasperated.

"I never said that," Julie covered.

I sat on the right side of the fountain while Mira took the opposite side.

"I was just watching them workout," Julie said as if it was normal.

"That's kind of creepy," I said weirded out by these humans.

"Oh please, you would do the same if it were Spectra," Julie argued and my cheeks turned red.

I haven't thought of Spectra in a while and now Julie brought him up. A frown appeared on my face at the thought of him.

"Actually, I'd be the one working out with him rather than just watching," I snapped back.

"Whatever you say, Grace. It's pretty impressive how strong Ace is," Julie admired and I see Mira with a frown on her face. She was jealous and as her best friend, I could tell she wasn't happy.

"Whoa, you like Ace?" Runo gushed.

"I never said that either. I'm just saying his muscles are impressive," Julie protested.

"Okay," Runo said lost for words, "It sounds like you're saying..."

"She doesn't like him, okay Runo?" Mira said harshly with her arms crossed.

I snickered at her actions and Mira eyes me.

"Perhaps we should change the subject," Tigrerra, Runo's bakugan suggested.

"Sorry Julie, I wasn't trying to cause any trouble. I just though Billy would-"

"Runo," Julie cute her off, "He's a no-good thoughtless guy who hasn't called me in forever. Forget Billy, I'm so over that dude."

"Do you ever wish you belonged to a boy brawler?" Gorem asked Wilda and Titan.

"Not really, girls may talk more, but they smell way better," Wilda answered and Titan nodded his head in agreement.

"Plus, they're just nicer by far," Titan agreed.

"Hey you," Mira said grabbing Wilda and holding him out in front of her, "What are you saying about girls?"

"Oh nothing," Wilda stammered and closed his ball going silent.

I stare at Titan with a raised eyebrow. He too did the same thing as Wilda. I held his ball and paused to see Kato standing there.

"It seems you have a guest Madam Julie," Kato told her.

We followed Kato to see who this mysterious person was. Hopefully it was someone good and not bad.

When we reached the main area, I saw this unfamiliar boy with long, darker blonde hair and a cap. He wore and orange and black jacket and seemed pretty upbeat.

"Hey Julie," he greeted, "It's me Billy."

"Billy," Julie squealed, "It's so good to see you."

She gave him a tight hug and I muttered to Runo.