Chapter 52

Keith's P.O.V

Sneaking away from the Resistance's base was too easy. I had gathered everything I needed for the upcoming battle and Grace leaned against the entrance to the Vestal Destroyer and she yawned.

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do to stop you?" Grace asked me.

I gave her a sad smile and tightened my grip on her hand. The outcome was grim, but I couldn't let anything happen to her. I started the ship and stood as the autopilot was turned on. Grace stood beside me as we entered the dimension they were in.

"Hey Keith," Grace asks in a delicate voice.

"Yeah, Grace?" I return.

"What's going to happen after this?" She shifts uncomfortably.

"What do you mean?"

"When everything is over, what do we return too? You and Mira have each other. The earth brawlers will remain in earth and Ace and Baron will have each other. Where does that lead me?"

Grace sighed looking at the stars in deep thought. She had a troubled childhood and was forced to grow up too fast. The thought of ever abandoning her would be unforgivable to myself. I pulled her closer, "You have me, you always will."

Grace smiles holding tighter, "I hope we can win. If we don't..."

"Don't think about the consequences of failure. We'll worry about it when we get there," I tell her and she nods her head.

"Looks like were in proximity. Brace yourselves for impact," I said grabbing my mask.

She did so as well and I inputted some information into the controls while murmuring to myself.

"Okay, time to blow his little house down," I said in a dark tone.

The time for games was done, this was a mission and I was determined to come out on top.

I saw a blade appear at the bow of the ship and smirked at my battle strategy.

"Brace for impact." I warned Grace who grabbed a hold of the railing. She clutched it tightly and the ship shook as it collided into the palace much to the shock of the palace technicians' faces.

Zenoheld who sat on his throne came into view.

"Keith, you're going to hit him," Grace frowned.

Grace, you were too innocent, I thought to myself.

The door opened and Keith turned to me.

"Don't you move an inch, got it?" I tell her sternly.

"Aye Aye Captain," Grace mocked throwing her hands in a salute.

I hid the smile from my face at her antics and resumed my serious composure as I headed for the exit. I knew Grace wouldn't listen, it was only a matter of time.

I faced Zenoheld speaking in a bored tone.

"Hi there."

"Tell me why I shouldn't finish you on the spot, Spectra?" Zenoheld responded

"Don't you want to know why I'm here?"

"All I care about is crushing you. You annoying cockroach."

"Bring it, old man! Let's go!" I shout back accepting the challenge.

"I'll take care of you, just like I did you lap dog and after that your little girlfriend is next. Let me tell you, her torture will be far worse."