Chapter 9

Storm's P.O.V

The next few days have been very eventful. I attended the battle with the brawlers with Gus and Spectra.

Hydron had returned to the palace, but not before a glare towards Spectra. It was apparent that Hydron was jealous of Spectra and I's apparent bond. I didn't feel anything for Spectra except I thought he was like an older brother from when we were younger.

The memory of the confrontation between Gus and Dan was fresh in my mind.

Dan ran to us on his own. I wore my Storm mask and Vexos outfit and crossed my arms.

"Well you made it," Gus said obviously doubting Dan.

"I wouldn't pass the opportunity. You ready for a battle?"

"Your overconfidence will be your down fall," Gus stated and they began the battle.

"Take notes Storm, this battle can be useful," Spectra told me sharply and I nodded my head with a glare.

"Of course, Spectra, but let me tell you, Hydron doesn't really like you teaching me."

"Since when did I care what his spoiled brat thinks?"

I paused in deep thought. Ever since forgiving Hydron, we've been rebuilding our bond. It wasn't easy, but we were managing.

Even then, it didn't feel like I once did. I had moved on from him and see him nothing more than a friend.

"Besides, he doesn't scare me. You never did either."

The hint of a smirk laced his tone. I resisted the urge to scoff at him.

Both battlers were going all out and Spectra joined in the battle.

Dan was about to lose when an unknown brawler sent an attack. It let out a green Ventus energy and defeated Gus' bakugan. His life force drained to zero and it was just Spectra and Dan.

I was about to join in, but Gus brought my hand down and I sent a glare.

"Don't intervene between Master Spectra and Dan Kuso," He ordered and I laughed it off.

"You're joking me, right?"

"He's right Storm. Maybe another time," Spectra mused and turned back around.

The other Resistance members were welcoming back their old friend whose name was Shun Kazami. He was the Ventus brawler. I glared and crossed my arms. Somehow, Drago managed to use the power of the perfect core and defeat Helios. He fell at Spectra's feet and he picked them up.

"Storm, Gus, come," he told us and walked away from the battle.

Gus immediately followed, but I lingered and continued to stare.

Spectra paused and the brawlers were now watching the exchange.

"Storm, I won't say it again, come," he told he in a harsh tone.

It was menacingly and I reluctantly followed with them.

"What was that?" He demanded as we walked back.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Can't I be curious?"

"Whatever, tomorrow the brawlers are approaching Alpha City home to the first-dimension controller. Lync and Volt are in charge, but I want you to join them and use any means necessary to stopping them."