Chapter 11

Storm's P.O.V

When my surroundings reappeared, I appeared in the same laboratory as before.

"What's going on?" I ask concerned.

"Dan! Alice! Get back!" The man whose named turned out to be doctor Michael shouted.

Dan tackled Alice to the side and the gate opened to the portal. It was like a vacuum. Sucking without mercy. We were all astonished to find that we were being whisked away.

Gus was the first to be blown back into the portal. He vanished without a trace.

"Gus!" We both called back.

I turn to see Spectra having issues to holding on.

He finally was taken back into the portal leaving me staring at the brawlers.

"I'll be back!" I threatened as I stopped trying and let myself get sucked back into the portal.

When everything reappeared, I seemed to be in a weird contraption of some sort.

"Where are we?" I asked Spectra who was beside me.

"I rewired the machine's coordinates so we would still be in the vicinity of the brawlers."

"What is our plan of attack?" Gus asks and I frown.

"Easy, we'll let the brawlers have a break. Let them think that they've won and we'll attack when they least expect it."

We all shared wicked grins and the contraption came to a stop. We exited and were stared at by humans that looked at us.

"I don't like this attention," I tell him uncomfortably.

This feeling was like that of when I was forced to rule alongside Hydron. Well, when he wanted me to. He used to drag me along to his meetings with the King and speeches to the people. It was so boring.

"This place seems so interesting," I say in awe.

A hand grasps my own and I stare into Spectra's eyes.

"Let's take a tour around. Let loose a little. Just you and me," Spectra offers and I smile.

"Sure, let's do it."

"Gus, go stand watch for any movements of the brawlers."

"Yes sir," Gus says going away.

"Now, where were we?"

I pointed to a shop and the outfit that was in the window. This is so cool.

"Can I help you?" A lady asked me and I look at her nodding my head.

"Yeah, I really like that outfit. Can I try it on?"

She nodded and handed me the outfit on the hanger.

I went to change and Spectra sat down waiting.

"Do you think it'll look good?" I asked him nervously.

"Since when did you, Storm Brooke, have insecurities?"

"Well, I'm still a girl," I say laughing and stepped out into the open.

I see Spectra's mouth wide open as he took me in.

"Like what you see?" I smirked.

"You look... Amazing,"  

I looked in the mirror at myself. I saw myself in a blue t-shirt. Underneath was a black shirt with full length sleeves and I wore blue shorts with that. I still kept my boots with me.